One for the Road ~Ex!Reader x Clyde~

Well you moved on ridiculously quick
so much for hopeless romantic
(what a liar
what a liar)
don't get me wrong I'm happy you found
someone else to screw around
(what a liar
what a liar)

"I really like you." He said, blushing and staring at his feet.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked with pink cheeks and a goofy smile.

"Do you wanna hold my hand?" He asked questioning her with a pale hand extended toward her and a warm smile gracing his face.

"Can I kiss you?" The question leaving his lips as she stared down at her, the rain pouring down around them. His cheeks red and brown eyes wide.

"I love you." Those three words hanging in the air around them, both with blushing faces.

"Sorry, busy." He said before jogging after his friends, those beautiful brown eyes not giving her a second glance.

"Why are you so worried about me not saying 'I love you'?" He would ask as they sat in her room, him on his phone ignoring her. 

"I think we should break up." He would say, staring at the girls behind her. "Yeah, okay." She would answer just before he runs off to the other girls. 

  just goes to show
I'm better off without you
one for the road
well maybe how about you

She knew she was better off without him.  But she still couldn't help it as questions raced through her mind.

Did he ever care?

Was it all a lie?

Was he cheating on me the whole time?

What changed?

  leave me alone
but i'm not alone
leave me alone
but i'm not alone
cause i got friends to help me through
i'd rather be with them than you!

Her friends became a barrier of sorts. Walking with her at all times just to make sure he didn't try to talk to her. But they were all shocked when they found him with another girl not even a week later. She would roll her (e/c) hues and continue getting her books. "So much for hopeless romantic." She would say to her friends as they passed the couple. Causing Clyde to turn and look at her retreating figure.

  how weird to see your true colours show
i didn't think you'd go so low
(liar bit)
don't you dare think you cause me stress
i'll rip our letters you rip her dress
(liar bit)

She would find all the pictures, all the letter, and the insignificant things he bought. And she would tear them to pieces. Those silly love letters he would pass he in class. She would start at one corner and work her way to the next corner. Making the sweet nothings disappear.

  just goes to show
I'm better off without you
one for the road
well maybe how about you  

The next week resulted in the next girl. It was like he a list and he was going down the list. All these girls he would throw away would run to her. Like their (h/c) haired savior. Sticking with her like glue, knowing that the girl that dated Clyde for two years was stronger then him. Her ice cold stare could stop him in his tracks. They would learn from her. They would become stronger then him.

  leave me alone
but i'm not alone
leave me alone
but i'm not alone
cause i got friends to help me through
i'd rather be with them than you!

He would eventually stop getting girls to say yes to him. They knew, they all knew. He would love them then leave them like it was nothing. He knew who he really wanted, but there was no getting her back. She was strong. She was beautiful. She was all he needed, and he let her go. 

  remember when we kissed that night
remember when you held me tight
remember you and me, oh wow
that's all out the window now

They would both remember everything they did.

Only one of them would want the other back.

  just goes to show
I'm better off without you
one for the road
well maybe how about you

leave me alone
but i'm not alone
leave me alone
but i'm not alone
cause i got friends to help me through
i'd rather be with them than you!