Let Him Down

Chanel.....,

It's been three months since I last spoke to August. He had only came by every weekend for the kids and everytime I would see Amaya with him.

Her baby should be due in the next month or so. However I've only reached 5 months so far.

I sighed and heard the doorbell ring. Most likely August right now. I got up while eating a banana fritter.

"Cam, your dad's here!" I yelled. The baby's bag had already been packed. All I had to do was bring him.

I opened the door and sure enough it was him. Cam came right on time running to August.

I walked away up to Lil Aug's room. In about the next week he'll be turning one and I was excited as shit. He had already began walking but I didn't want him to grow up.

"AJ." I beckoned him and he came running to me.

I bent down a little and lifted him up. He hugged me and smiled his simple smile with his five teeth.

I chuckled. "Gimme kiss." He kissed my lips and I smiled.

"I love you."

"Lav you." I giggled at his pronunciation. My heart swelled at the sight of my boys.

Cam ran back inside and gave me a quick kiss before he left with his daddy. "Love you Cammy. Be good."

"Love you too mommy." He smiled and got in his car seat.

I smiled at the sight. AJ ran behind August who stayed at the door in front of me

He was giggling because I was playing peek a boo bug August had a serious face on.

"Chanel."

I felt my heart beat quicken at his voice. I simply looked at him. He tore his eyes away from my gaze and sighed.

"H-How's the baby?"

"Fine." I answered coldly.

He sighed and looked at the ground.

"What's the gender?"

"Boy." I looked away and crossed my arms.

His eyes lit up and then dulled again but he smiled and nodded. "Name?"

I kept a blank stare on My face. "I like the name Aaron Khamali Alsina." I mumbled.

"Cool... can i?" He gestured towards my stomach.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. He hesitantly lifted up my tank top and stared at my stomach excitedly.

I smiled at his childlike behavior. He rubbed his hands over my stomach and pressed his ear to it.

I could feel the baby moving around more which made him even more happy. He talked to my stomach and kissed it. Mumbling words I couldn't hear.

I chuckled and he pressed his fingers around my stomach and little foot print marks came up. I giggled seeing his reaction. Lil Aug was just staring at his daddy and me.

Cam had a big hopeful smile on and I hated it. Because deep down I truly did not feel that we would get together again.

I sighed feeling down again. My children didn't realize the depression just yet and I was glad for that.

August immediately looked up when he heard me sigh. He quickly removed his hands and his face looked worried.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I cut it short and quick just like how he used too. I don't know if he had realized or not

He looked into my eyes and I averted his gaze after a moment of looking. "No you're not." He mumbled.