Chapter 7

Chapter 7

It felt as if literally fire was fuming out of my ears. The weird thing was I knew Thomas smoked, yet I thought he maybe quit. Nope. Thomas looked confused and pulled the cigarette out of his mouth.

"What's wrong Love?" He asked me stepping closer.

"No!" I hollered, "Stay away." I said sobs escaping my mouth. I opened the door and ran into the house. Without knowing it I slammed the door on Thomas' fingers. Again. Thomas yelped and grabbed his fingers in pain. I didn't even turn back. Guilt flooded the inside if my body for hurting the man I loved, but I was too mad. I ran into our room slamming the door shut. I heard Thomas run into the kitchen and open up the freezer. Probably for ice. As I hated myself for doing this to Thomas I brushed my teeth and climbed into bed turning off all the lights along the way. I couldn't sleep. Not even close my eyes. But I tried.

30 minutes later

The door creaked open and I stayed still. I was heartbroken because of myself, my own actions. Thomas walked up to the bed and sat down pulling blankets along with him. As he lay down on his side I heard him sigh. Tears were escaping my eyes so it was obvious I was awake.

"Meg...what's wrong?" Thomas asked me. I didn't reply. "Listen I know you're awake so please, just, talk to-"

"Why?" Is all I asked. Thomas furrowed his eyes and stroked my arm. I still stayed put. He rapped his arms around my chest bringing me closer to his body. I still waited for an answer. As Thomas began playing with my hair he answered.

"I don't know I guess I, just thought it was..."

"What? Cool?" My tone sharp as a knife. Thomas was about to speak when I turned to face his and glared. "Thomas...you can get cancer that way you retard." I told his moving even closer. Thomas bowed his head as I grabbed his fingers. They were covered with blue and purple bruises.

"I know I know. I've tried stopping in the past but it's too addictive. I can't help myself." He replied closing his eyes. "I'm guessing you hate me now?" My heart shattered at his sudden thought. Thomas didn't even look up. I sat up in bed and turned on my lamp. I examined his bruises even more.

"I don't hate you, and I'm sorry." I stated. Thomas lifted his head and rubbed the back of his neck.

"You don't?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No."

"Okay. And don't worry about my hand you probably didn't even mean it. Right?" He asked sounding out of place. I giggled and nodded.

"I didn't mean to catch your fingers in the door. I guess I was just mad because...never mind." I told him kissing his fingers and pressing them to my cheek. Thomas caressed my cheek with the fingers on my face.

"What do you mean Love?" He asked me with that cheeky smile I always melt for. I began tear up even more as I looked to the bed sheets.

"My Grandmother passed away when I was 3. She died from cancer. I just don't want that to happen to you too." My words hurt my throat. How was I possibly able to tell Thomas everything about me? And even when we've only been dating for a few months. I guess I trusted him. Thomas bowed his head again.

"Sorry." He heavily breathed looking down. I smiled. Before giving Thomas any moment to realize I kissed him. Passionately and roughly. Thomas returned it and pulled me on top of him. I was giggling into the kiss as my hand found there way around his back. Before we knew it we were kissing continuously. I loved Thomas with all of my heart, and obviously he felt the same way. After a few minutes of making out we pulled away staring into each others eyes. I caressed his cheek before kissing it. I then lay on top of Thomas having my arms around his neck. This time his hands were directly on my thighs. I giggled as we cuddled for the rest of the night.

We ended up falling asleep

me on top of Thomas.