Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The door opened to reveal Thomas' nurse Sarah, and she walked into the room all chipper and happy. 

"Good morning Megan, I'm sorry to say this, but you can't lay in Thomas' bed unless he wakes-" She began but was startled by Thomas and I sitting up. "Thomas! You're awake! Oh my-that's great. How are you feeling?" She asked him coming to check the IV in his arm. Thomas sat forward and grabbed onto his stomach. 

"Not so well...actually." He said as I put my hand on his back. 

"Thomas are you okay?" I asked him feeling his forehead heat up. Thomas swallowed his saliva before gagging. 

"Bucket." He said and I looked at Sarah. She ran to the side of the room and grabbed the garbage can, handing it to Thomas. He grabbed it quickly and threw up into the can with tears escaping his eyes. I rubbed his back and looked to Sarah. 

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked pulling Thomas' hair out of the way so he could puke more if needed. 

"Yes. The medication we're giving you Thomas, it is supposed to help wipe clean the drugs. That means you will be nauseous and weak for a few days. Possibly even weeks." She told us. Thomas looked up to Sarah and I did too. 

"He's going to be in the hospital for weeks?" I asked her still rubbing Thomas' back. 

"I'm afraid so. Luckily it's only a few weeks and, your drugs didn't hurt you too much. Some people take worse drugs that tear skin, yours will just make you feel like crap and a little itchy. However the good news is, it's curable...may take a while but, it's not fatal, or permanent." She said pressing some buttons on the machine. Thomas then hurled once again throwing his head into the can. 

"Hey it's okay babe, just deep breaths." I said to him soothing him by drawing circles on his back. He lifted his head up and sighed while his hair drooped to his mouth. I brushed it back and stared at him. 

"I'm sorry...this is disgusting." He said making me giggle a bit. 

"Hey, don't be sorry. It's okay babe, just let it all out. Don't be embarrassed." I cooed him as he rest there, can in hand. It was now about 5 in the morning, and the nurse left to go find Thomas' doctor. Thomas then lay back in bed holding his head. 

"I think I'm done." He sighed covering his mouth. 

"Hey hey hey, don't rub your mouth...just a minute." I say going to grab some kleenex off of the counter. I then sat down and rubbed Thomas' pukey mouth, and threw them into the garbage, setting that as well onto the floor. Thomas sighed and looked into my eyes weakly. 

"Sorry about that, I didn't mean for you to have to baby me." He shyly said, his face turning red. I shook my head and brushed his hair. 

"Thomas...don't worry about it. I'm happy to help." I say to him smiling down at him. I kiss him on the forehead and pull back to look him in the eyes. Thomas smiles. 

"How did I manage to fall in love with such an amazing woman?" He asked me cupping my cheek. I smiled and touched his hand. 

"How did I manage to fall in love with such an incredible man?" I chuckled as Thomas weakly smiled at me. He then smirked. 

"I would kiss you, but..."

"Yeah maybe save that for later." I giggled and he did too. I intertwined our fingers together and sat across him on his bed. He took in a deep breath before speaking. 

"You know Megan..." He started and looked into my eyes with his beautiful brown ones. "I was serious when I talked about marrying you." He said with a huge grin on his face. I blushed and grinned back.