4

Stevens POV:
We rush outside and run down the street.
We fall in the sand panting when we get to my house.
" OH MY GOD! I CANT BELIEVE WE TOLD MY MOTHER!" Connie shouts.
" I know! That was too close though. We need to be more careful when we dance together." I point out. Connie falls silent, then nods.
" That was kinda fun. Being Stevonnie, I mean." Connie whispers. I sit up and turn on pandora radio and start dancing. Connie bolts up and dances to the beat, Shyly at first then full on ' all by yourself' dancing. I grab her hands to make her come and dance near me.
" Oh. Hello Connie and Steven." A voice comes from behind me. I yelp and see Pearl standing there. Connie blushes and stops dancing. "H-hi Pearl." I say awkwardly.
" Were you two fusing? Did I interrupt?" She questions.
My face turns a deep red and try to answer,
" Yes!" I say at the same time Connie says, " No!" Connie face palms and nods embarrassed.
Pearl grins and says,
" I'll take my leave then."
Connie stands up and asks takes her leave,
" Alright. See you tomorrow?" I ask.
Connie hesitates but then grins.
" Definitely." She turns and runs waving.
I wave back and sigh. To nights going to be a long night.
•••••••••••••••••••••••
Connies POV:
I open the door and get greeted with the promise of spaghetti. My father comes rushing in.
" Honey! " my dad calls. " Where's Stevonnie?" I freeze.
" Dad, Stevonnie is a gem fusion that me and Steven are."
My dad questions my truth.
" I'll just show you tomorrow." We sit down and eat.
I head upstairs and shower. I lay in bed and flick the TV on.
I look like I'm watching Full House but I'm thinking about Steven. I thought of the way he laughs, the way he smiles, the way he looks at me.
I glance at the clock.
11:24
I gasp. My parents hate it when I stay up. I don't know why but I turn the Tv of and rip my ponytail out on my hair.
I sigh and think of Steven.
I feel myself drift into a slumber.
•••••••••••••••••••••
Stevens POV:
My eyes burn as I stare at the TV. I unwrap another Cookie Cat and eat the ears. I think of Connie. I think about the feel of her soft hands as I grabbed them to dance. Her smile. Her giggle. My eyes float shut and I know I'll see her tomorrow.
But I didn't know tomorrow will be the worst day of my life.