16

STEVENS POV:
"No,Please, No!" I slammed my fists against the wall and stared down at the lifeless Connie. I put her head in her lap, stroking her dark hair that was covered with dust.
I can't believe I let my best friend, my LOVER die in my arms fighting for the wrong side. This is what she wanted. She wanted death to be her punishment.
I bite my lip, holding back lose tears that were racing down my cheeks. I close my eyes, painful memories dancing behind my eyes. I feel a strong hand on my shoulder.
"Steven time to go home." Garnet says above me. I hold Connie's head closer to my chest. I shake my head slowly.
"Connie's parents have been waiting years to see their daughter, alive. I'm not taking her back lifeless and shrugging my shoulders saying 'Sorry we tried'. Absolutely not." Garnet sets her jaw. Pearl comes up from behind.
" Steven please. There's nothing you can do about Connie. Connies a human, she's fragile. I mean, if Rose was here she would-"
"Would you just SHUT UP ABOUT ME MOM?!" I screamed at Pearl, cutting her off. Tears of rage burst through and I picked Connie up. I stare at shocked Pearls face. "This has nothing to do about my mom. It's about Connie, and we have a mission." Garnet nods and follows me to the warp pad. Amethyst shrugs at Pearl and mouths 'Sorry'. Pearl was staring at us with shock and guiltiness.
"Steven, your mother, She-. Ah, how do I say this, she has a way to heal a human. But it will take a long way travel." She mutters quietly, fiddling with her hands. "But, there's a catch. It's a life for a life situation. One of us has to go."
Heyyyaaa sorry for short chapter. I'm sick and I have major writers block. Oh yea, I lied. There's going to be a lot more chapters, but shall I do squeal? Also, that cliff hanger though. Have fun reading 😈 . (New chapter most likely being posted up tomorrow. Don't take me word.)