15

Ha funny story. I had to go back  and read this story to remember what happened in the last chapter. Sorry for not posting in a little while, and I think theres AT LEAST 2-3 chapters left.... Coming close guys! Should I do a sequel or leave it as it is. Also, If you want me to do a sequel, then leave a comment on what the sequel should be about.

Connies POV:

My head was pounding and my body was too weak to stand. Steven's grip tightened around my waist as the bomb stops beeping. Silent tears flowed down my face, and I regretted everything. I buried my head in Stevens chest, hating the suspense of the bomb not exploding. I remember all the milestones that happened, like us meeting and Steven and I fusing for the first time. I smile at myself remembering the time Steven trapped ourselves in a bubble. My mind clicks. Wait, the bubble!
I snap my head up and looked at Steven. He looks down at me and raised an eyebrow.
"Steven the bubble. Do the bubble!" His face lights up. I put my head back in his chest and hear the loudest explosion that leaves my ears ringing. I look up and see a soft pink glow around us.
"Y-You did it, Steven." Black spots block out Stevens face. "You did it just in time." I grab his face in my mind, before I slip into darkness.
Stevens POV:
After the bomb went off, I hear Connie whispering to me.
"You did it, Steven." I look down at her and give a weak smile. I can see the light slowly going out in her eyes. I grip her tighter when her body goes limp. I bury my head in her shoulder, silent tears flowing down my cheeks. I sniff and look around. The rock walls are crumbled and are in massive piles on the ground, debris is everywhere and smoke is rising into the air. My hearts speeds up while I look for the crystal gems.
"Crap." I mutter. I sigh heavily trying to swallow the lump in my throat, and continue to search for them with my last fragment of hope. I lower down the bubble and almost immediately have a coughing fit.
"Steven! Are you okay?! Is Connie okay?" I whip my head around and grin. Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl are running towards me with panicked expressions.
"Yeah, I'm good." Garnet Ruffles my hair and Pearl glances down at Connie,whom is still laying motionless in my arms.
"And Connie?" I bite the inside of my cheek hoping they would get the silence. One tear rolls down my cheek and I tear my eyes away from Pearls face.Pearl gasps and covers her mouth.
"Oh my god. You can't be serious."