Chapter 19

*2 weeks later*
I woke up, it's Saturday so I had the meeting with Scott. These were some hard weeks, but I had to get through with them. I get out of bed to and I take a shower. When I got out of the shower I got dressed, I put on a Tee with 'Don't grow up it's a trap' on it, my jeans, a white flannel with black stripes and my white Keds. I sat down on bed and I felt it again, being punched so hard in the stomach. Today is the day I am going to let my songs hear to Scott Borchetta. The pain I've felt, he'll feel it with me. Maybe more people will feel it with me, after today. I got ready for the ride to Nashville.
"KARLIE YOU COMING?" My dad screamed from downstairs.
"COMING." I screamed. I grabbed my stuff and ran downstairs. I grabbed the food my parents made for me and got in the car. We started driving to Nashville.
"Mom and dad?" I asked.
"Yes ?" They said.
"What if, Scott gives me a record deal, how are we going to do it, because I don't think we can drive every day 3 hours to the studio. Right?" I asked.
"If he gives you a record deal we'll might consider moving there." My mom answered.
"Okay, cool." I said.
*After 2,5 hours*
We arrived at Big Machine Records. I sat down on the couch and I waited for Scott.
After 2 minutes he walked down the stairs "Karlie come on this way." He said. We walked through a hallway and then he opened a door, it was a studio.
"Wow." I said.
"So make yourself feel at home and play the songs you've written until now." He said.
"Okay cool." I said. My parents and Scott are one of the first people to hear my new songs. I walked into the room and Scott was sitting behind the glass with my parents.
"So this one is called White Horse." I said.
-after playing white horse-
"That was incredible!" Scott said.
"Thank you!"
"Do you have any other songs written?" He then asked.
"Yes I have."
"This one is called I Almost Do."

"I bet this time of night you're still up.
I bet you're tired from a long hard week.
I bet you're sitting in your chair by the window looking out at the city.
And I bet sometimes you wonder about me.

And I just wanna tell you
It takes everything in me not to call you.
And I wish I could run to you.
And I hope you know that every time I don't
I almost do,
I almost do.

I bet you think I either moved on or hate you
'Cause each time you reach out there's no reply.
I bet it never ever occurred to you that I can't say "Hello" to you
And risk another goodbye.

And I just wanna tell you
It takes everything in me not to call you.
And I wish I could run to you.
And I hope you know that every time I don't
I almost do,
I almost do.

Oh, we made quite a mess, babe.
It's probably better off this way.
And I confess, babe,
In my dreams you're touching my face
And asking me if I wanna try again with you.
And I almost do.

And I just wanna tell you
It takes everything in me not to call you.
And I wish I could run to you.
And I hope you know that every time I don't
I almost do,
I almost do.

I bet this time of night you're still up.
I bet you're tired from a long hard week.
I bet you're sitting in your chair by the window looking out at the city.
And I hope sometimes you wonder about me."

"Karlie that's another amazing song!" Scott said.
"Thank you!" I said.
"I am working on another song, I just need to change a few words I think and then it is finished." I said.
"I have someone that can help you with those words if you'd like to?" He said.
"Yea, I'd love to have some help with this one." I said.
He texted someone and then 5 minutes later he arrived.
"Karlie this is Tim." He said.
"Nice to meet you." I said.
"Nice to meet you too." He said.
"You can work here on those words for like 1 hour and can you play the song then for me?" He asked.
"Yeah in 1 hour it'll be finished." I said.
My parents went to a cafe and Scott he just walked back to his office.
"So here are the lyrics, but some words just don't feel right." I said.
He looked at it and underlined the words with pencil "Can you play the song for me and then we'll be able to change the words.
-After editing the lyrics-
Scott and my parents were back at the studio already, and I think that this will be the song that might get Scott to sign me.
"Thanks to Tim we were able to finish this song." I said.
"Let's play it." Scott said.
"This one is called Fearless."

"There's somethin' 'bout the way
The street looks when it's just rained
There's a glow off the pavement
You walk me to the car
And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there
In the middle of the parking lot
Yeah
Oh yeah

We're drivin' down the road
I wonder if you know
I'm tryin' so hard not to get caught up now
But you're just so cool
Run your hands through your hair
Absent-mindedly makin' me want you

And I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress
Fearless

So, baby, drive slow
'Til we run out of road in this one horse town
I wanna stay right here in this passenger's seat
You put your eyes on me
In this moment now capture it, remember it

'Cause I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress
Fearless

Well, you stood there with me in the doorway
My hands shake
I'm not usually this way
But you pull me in and I'm a little more brave
It's the first kiss,
It's flawless,
Really something,
It's Fearless.

Oh yeah

'Cause I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress
Fearless

'Cause I don't know how it gets better than this
You take my hand and drag me head first
Fearless
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress
Fearless

Oh-oh
Oh yeah"
I finished singing and Scott and my parents they looked amazed.
"Karlie, I think you just got yourself a record deal!" He said.
"Omg! Thank you!" I basically almost screamed.
"Come back in 2,5 hours and we'll have the contract here for you." He said.
"Okay, thank you! So much." I said.
I hugged my parents and then we went shopping until it was time to come back and sign to the label.
-after 2,5 hours-
We got back at the building and Scott was having a smile on his face.
"Follow me." He said.
We walked to his office and discussed about the contract with him.
"Are you ready?" My mom asked.
"Yes! Let's do this." I said.
Scott gave me a pen, but I wanted to do this with my writing pen. It just feels more personal. My parents stood next to me and someone made the picture of me signing the label.
We celebrated it for some minutes and then it was time for us to go back home.
"Bye Scott, see you next Saturday." I said.
"Bye Karlie." He said.
I posted the picture on Instagram "I signed to a label today, guess which one.... BIG MACHINE RECORDS!!!" was my caption, I did the same with Twitter and Tumblr. I got likes from friends, family, fans and ...Chandler, he even commented on Twitter "Congratulations🎉🎊" The person who means the most to me and who might've gotten me a hit. I should totally reply, even after everything he did to me he deserves to get treated like a normal person. "Thank you Chandler! That means a lot to me!" I replied. I turned off my phone.
"So mom, does this mean we are going to move to Nashville?" I asked.
"Yes, I guess we are!" She said. We all were so so happy, literally nothing and nobody could ruin this day.
We finally arrived home, we had eaten on the road already so that wasn't a problem. I was just soooo tired that I fell asleep on the couch.