racism!!

tragicthrills on tumblr: "ok but racism in the 5sos fam isn't just when people call calum slurs (I honestly can't believe some of you actually do that by the way) it's in so many of the subtle things you do too. it's when writing and fan art is exclusive to white women because those are the only girls you think they'd go for. it's when poc create blogs and spaces so they can feel more included in the fam and you get mad at us for being ~exclusive~. it's when non-white fans only get shipped with calum because he's the most "ethnic looking" so you assume he's the only one that would go for us because you could never imagine a pale, light eyed boy, the pinnacle of Eurocentric beauty, falling for a girl with our features. it's when people cheer Michael on for talking about injustice and using his platform to do so, but turn around and tell calum to calm down and be quiet and to not be rude cuz "it was just a joke!" when he's defending himself against these things. it's when you get mad at poc for using their blogs to talk about injustice because it makes you uncomfortable but you cheer michael on for tweeting about the same issues. this isn't a call out post. this isn't me trying to expose anyone because there are quite a few people guilty of these things. just take a second to think about your behavior and why it might not be inclusive (or why it might be problematic) okay? you've got nothing to lose from that."