#4

This morning I fixed eggs, bacon, and more toast for the adults of the house. Around nine, when everything was cooked and set up on the table, I rang the giant triangle that temporarily hung from the balcony. Slowly my friends came to the table.

"Ever-morning-you-make-that-racket-such-noise-wonder-any-of-us-get-any-sleep." Mike muttered as he trudged down stairs, and plopped into a chair. His wife, Phyllis, followed close behind with a cheerful grin. It escapes me how Mike found such a morning person when he himself despised it.

Peter was the next to shuffle sleepily into the kitchen. Following him was Davy holding Chelsea close. Chloe arrived a few minutes later. She was the only one out of the girls who didn't live with us. She preferred her spacious apartment to our crowded flat. She also felt that she hadn't dated Peter long enough to live with him. Of course they had known one another for three years now. I don't think she or Peter were ready for a marriage-like commitment.

"Nice toast!" Davy managed to complement between bites of food. I had eaten with the kids. So I sat back and watched everyone enjoy my cooking.

After breakfast the girls would head out and do things on their own and us boys would practice. We were good musicians. But everyone must practice, even greats.

The day seemed monotonous compared to the excitement I felt for the night ahead. I kept checking the clock. Time seemed to have become lazy. Finally when the clock read fifteen minutes till three I rejoiced inwardly because Lani would be home to distract me, and make the hours move on a little faster. But when three o'clock came and Christian arrived home without Lani. I was crushed again.

I wasn't worried at first because Lani had a bad habit of wandering off with friends after school and not calling to tell me. But it did mean that the hours would remain slow and tedious.

I busied myself with getting dressed. I drug Peter and Mike in to help me get figure out what was the best thing to wear. I walked into the closet.

"Ah! This one should do nicely!" I laughed and walked out in the blue and white dress I was given when the other boys and I had found Lani.

"OH! NO! IT'S HIDIOUS! JUST UGLY!" Mike said disgusted.

Peter nodded in agreement.

I walked back into the closet and changed into an expensive suit.

"It looks good on you babe, but with Anna suits aren't her taste. Something more casual will do." Mike informed me.

"Good." I said pulling at the collar.

I changed once more. This time into blue jeans and a white short sleeve dress shirt.

"That's not it." Peter sighed. Mike agreed.

I changed my pants to blue suede bellbottoms.

"That's it! That's it! It screams you, Micky! Doesn't it scream Micky?" Peter chuckled excited.

"It needs something." Mike contemplated. He stood up and circled me. "Ah-ha!" He walked out of the room and came back with a small black object. Mike shoved my jam jar glasses on to my face.

"That's it! That's Micky!" Mike said triumphantly.

"Not bad." Peter admitted.

"Not bad? Micky go look in the mirror." Mike demanded. I did as he asked. I wasn't surprised that I looked amazing!

"Not bad indeed." I said. "Hi babe, what are you doing later? I could take you away from all this." I said to the mirror.

"Now look what you've done, Mike." Peter said accusingly.

"He's done gone and fallen in love with himself." Mike observed.

"Come on Micky!" Mike said. "I'm the one who gets a kick out of myself."

I turned away and fiddled with my shirt collar. "Yeah I know. I'm just trying to calm myself." I said.

"You nervous?"

"Naw, I'm not nervous. Just jumpy." I complained.

"You look nervous." Peter nodded.

"I'm not nervous." I tried to convince them.

"Hey Davy come up here!" Mike yelled. Davy was up in a moment. "

"Yes?"

"Doesn't Micky look nervous?" Mike asked.

"Yep. He defiantly looks nervous!" Davy said.

"How many times do I have to say it? I'm not nervous! Honestly!" I said.

"You're not nervous? Well ace it babe! Prove it! Walk out that door and call Anna right now. The number's by the phone." Mike dared me.

"Okay I will." I walked out but then danced right back into the room. "I was wrong!" I sobbed. "I'm terrified!"

0x