#12

I fumbled into the police station. I was winded as I held out the letter to the police chief.

"They're gone!" I yelled. "They're gone! I need your help! Please help!"

"Sir," The officer reached out and put hands on my shoulders. "I need you to calm down. Who is gone?"

I breathed a moment and then took a deep breath. "My friends. They are gone. All of them. Michael Nesmith, Peter Tork, David Jones, Phyllis Nesmith, Marshie North, Chelsea Parish, and worst of all, my daughter, Lani Dolenz. Please you have to help me. I think I know who took them." I rambled.

"Sir. How long have your friends been missing?" The officer asked taking a note on his notepad.

I searched my mind. "I...um...an hour?"

"An hour? I'm sorry sir, but I can not classify them missing until after full forty-eight hours of their absence. You go on home and do what you can to contact them. If you can't find them in three days, come back here and then I can help you." The officer's words didn't seem real. My friends were missing, possibly in danger and he wanted me to wait!

I was wordless. I didn't even have the words to argue. All I could do was let the man push me out of the police station and into the parking lot.

I jumped into my car and raced back home. I decided to take the officer's advise and wait for them. I would wait one night and then I would seek help again.

I turned on the lights as I walked into the house. I began to clean up the mess somebody had made in the flat. I righted the chairs and tables. Also the couches and beds. I had to keep myself busy or else I would panic. I couldn't panic. That wouldn't help anybody!

It was two in the morning before I finally decided to try and get some sleep. If I was going to find them, I would need sleep.

I woke up to a loud crash from downstairs. I sat up in my bed. Fear paralyzing me. I wished that at least one other person was there with me. I didn't want to face the intruder all alone.

"Whose there?"I called down the stair case.

Another loud crash answered me. Then the lights flipped on. There in my living room was an old familiar face. A face I hated and despised.

"Hello Micky!" Doris smirked from below me. "You wouldn't happen to know where everybody is would you?" He asked.

"Oh like you don't know!" I spat. "You've come for me, now. Well take me! I would rather know they are fine then be free."

Doris smiled and laughed. "What are you talking about?"

"You kidnapped them!"

"I did what?!" Doris said as if it was the craziest thing he'd ever heard.

"Don't play dumb with me. You kid napped them to get back at us didn't you!" I yelled.

"I can't lie to you Micky. I broke in tonight to kidnap the kid to get back at you. But it seems somebody else had the same idea. You must have a lot of people who hate you." Doris smiled.

"Wait. You didn't kidnap them?" I asked.

"Bingo." Doris sighed. "Well, since someone has done the dirty work for me, I'll just leave and we will pretend this didn't happen." Doris walked to the door and walked out.

I thought about calling the police on him. But he'd escaped from prison once. He would just do it again. There was no use. Plus I believed him. I believed he had nothing to do with the disappearance of my friends.

I didn't go back to sleep after that.

I was so confused. As I paced the floor I thought of everyone with a motive to kidnap my friends. The problem was that I couldn't think of one other person who would want to do this to me.

I hated being alone. It was scaring me. Every little sound made me jump.

So at five twenty-six A.M. I called Anna. She answered groggily.

"Hello?"

"It's me, Micky."

"Micky?" She asked in concern.

"Yes. Anna, something bad has happened." I sobbed.

"What is it? What's wrong?" She said in a hurry.

"They're gone! Everyone is gone! Lani, my baby, is gone!"