three ☎︎ suicide hotline

as the next day dragged on, winnie had done absolutely nothing. well, besides make outrageous flavoured drinks for pale skinned girls.

"i want a strawberry double shot coffee frap with extra marshmellows and whipped cream." was basically all she heard all day besides the one normal business man who would come in to order a simple coffee. maybe some of them had a double shot, or two sugars but that didn't really matter.

the other employee that was working along side winnie, was will o'dwyer but the pair didn't really talk much. they just considered themselves acquaintances.

winnie was mopping the floors while will was washing some glasses. winnie heard a small "uh, hi" from the counter and she squeaked, almost falling over. "ill be there in a sec!" she replied, brushing her still clean white skirt-apron.

"okay, sorry about the wait. how may i help you today?" winnie smiled at the raven haired boy, grasping the ordering screen.

"may i please have a hot chocolate with extra marshmellows?" he asked in the politest tone he could, not wanting to frustrate winnie.

winnie furrowed her dark eyebrows, she had heard that voice before. "yeah uh sure. can i get your order name?"

"uh, calum." calum said, eyes looking everywhere but the tired girl. but i guess that was a good thing, because he stole a glimpse at her nametag. "winnie...?"

"calum!?" she exclaimed, causing the attention of some customers to look their way.

"you. you're the one who saved my life." calum breathed. winnie blushed. "why, i am. aren't i?"

--

calum spent ALL day at the coffee shop, just staring at winnie until she noticed. when she did, he quickly took interest in a newspaper. but, he failed. it was upside down. winnie would just laugh, counting down the minutes until her lunch break.

two hours after the incident, she finally got her break.

"yay, finally." calum grinned.

they talked for hours -- why the hell wouldn't they?

--

sorry for the short update, i just really wanted to get a chapter in where they meet! this will be a short story :-)

- australiahns