five ☎︎ suicide hotline

calum and winnie hadn't spoken for three days after the whole ashton incident. calum felt as if his whole world was crumbling because he hadn't spoken to the one person he actually liked, but he was not going to call that hotline. what if she answered?

never the less, winifred wasn't exactly peachy, either. she was quite angry, actually. she was dating ashton irwin; a boy she thought she knew everything about. but she was wrong -- winnie found that all he was underneath was a jerk. although winnie was angered by ashton, she also felt remorse due to not talking to cal for what seemed like three years instead of days. she hated that feeling.

winnie picked up her phone, checking her recently called phone log. his number should be somewhere in here, she thought. after scrolling up and down, she finally found a number that looked similar to cal's.

she hadn't exactly saved his contact yet.

calum was in the middle of english class when his phone was vibrating in his pocket. his teacher hadn't noticed yet, so he dug through his bag before clutching onto his phone and pushing the "decline" button.

he could deal with whoever that was later.

when three monotone beeps came through on win's line, she sighed. winnie felt like crying - but she didn't. she knew that he was probably just in class.

so that's what she thought. for a few hours. then a few days. then at last, a few weeks. well actually, a week and four days. but who was counting?

after that period of time, calum finally got the guts to call in to the suicide hotline.

"hello?" a deep voice said.

calum was taken aback, he was expecting a light and feminine voice. boy, was he whipped. "uh, hi?"

"why are you feeling like putting a rope 'round 'ya neck? or a bloody gun to 'ya head? mate, you gotta life to live. live it, bro." the other male said on the other end of the line.

this time, calum felt like crying. how could he say that? he was meant to soothe, not be such a rude jerk.

"hey! you're meant to be nice, caring and soothing. don't be such a dick." calum scolded before ending the call. he was disgusted by the poor mannerisms the man had.

he wanted winnie. in fact, that's all he wanted. and she wanted him. but it was going to take awhile for them to find eachother again.

--

i sincerely apologise that this chapter is so short! anyway, hope you like it!

dedicated to the one and only, aesthetic- :-)