nine ☎︎ suicide hotline

the next day, winnie went to the café where they first met. she had been getting more hotline calls them usual these few days and some of them are what sounded like cal crying, but winnie tried to not believe her thoughts.

"hey, winnie. do you just want a cappuccino?" will asked, straightening out his work uniform.

winnie nodded, "thanks, will."

he took that as his cue to go and start making winnie's drink, sneaking a glance at her. he silently debated whether or not to sit down and talk with her, because she looked upset, or to just leave her alone. he decided on the latter and continued to work.

winnie pulled out her phone, scrolling through the twitter feed. she really hoped cal would arrive at the café soon, because if he didn't winnie would just be a lost girl in the big bad world. and that wasn't one of the most adequate thoughts she had ever had.

the bell dinged at the swift movement of the door opening, and winnie's head snapped up. instead of seeing calum, she had seen an old guy with his (what looked like) wife.

winnie sighed. she wanted that - but she never had tenacity on a relationship. they would always leave because winnie 'fucked up something' to which she recalled. but she never did – they left because they simply fell out of love.

winnie had never been in love though - not until now.

not until calum.

the bell dinged again and this time, she looked up again and saw exactly who she wanted to see: her superman. not clark kent or dylan o'brien – but calum. who was supposedly her calum.

he met her gaze and sat down with a soft smile. "did you really think i would miss this opportunity?" he said, looking at her.

winnie's jaw dropped. she, firstly, had never seen someone look so beautiful with bags under their slightly red eyes, and with a coat basically blanketing their body. she had also never heard anyone say something like that to her. and for the first time, she felt loved.

calum reached out and cradled her hand in his own, giving her the warmth she practically craved. cal shot her a smile. "so. how've you been?"

winnie rolled her eyes in a sarcastic manner, but never the less leaning forward in her chair. "it's been absolutely shit with out seeing your smile." she whispered before leaning back into the cushioned chair.

calum blushed, pulling his hand away to cover his rosy red cheeks.

winnie laughed before being served her drink by will. "thanks william." she teased as he laughed and asked cal if he wanted anything.

cal shook his head in reply, still staring at winnie's beauty with a smile. after a second, he looked at the employee and said "no, no thank you." will hummed and walked away to serve another customer.

a few moments of silence passed; the only sounds were winnie sipping her drink.

a text tone dinged from winnie's phone, and she apologised and pulled it out to look at the news.

will: he's good for u...keep him as long as u can win! ppl like him are rare these days. also he rly loves u and it's good to c u happy. x

winnie grinned wider than possible and looked at will, who took a side glance at winnie before continuing to make a coffee.

winnie: thanks willy moon, means lots

calum asked her what was funny and she showed her the text, resulting in calum blushing, smiling, laughing and then coughing to cover up what he did.

win just rolled her eyes: knowing she really did have someone special.

the two delved deep into a conversation, filling each other in on the gossip as if they had been friends for years. winnie also apologised about the texting incident, but calum didn't care. he was with the girl he had a major passion for.

after an hour or so of chatting, calum walked winnie to her home and soon left. winnie shut the door behind her, smiling as she did so. she walked to her room and fell into a sleep.

she never woke up.

--

KIDDING I NEEDED DRAMA KEEP READING

--

in the midst of the clock striking three o'clock am, winnie's phone began to ring. she picked it up immediately as the contact said 'principe' and said "cal? what's up?"

"win-" he hiccuped, "-nie. i couldn't take it anymore. ash-ashton and his friends came and beat me up and said things and i couldn't do it anymore. i cut for the first time in years." he said as tears streamed down his face.

winnie gasped, "cal, do you want me to come over?"

when cal didn't answer, she spoke again. "baby?"

after a few seconds, calum whispered into the receiver "can you say that again? please? i like it..."

"baby, are you okay?" winnie said softly.

you could hear calum begin to sob again, but he choked it down and sniffled. "no."

"do you want me to go there? i will come, cal, i promise you." she said, already getting dressed.

"please. i'll see you soon." cal said, then hung up.

last thing they knew before they fell asleep, was winnie holding calum tight as they slept underneath the covers of calum's bed.

--

IM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED BUT NOW I CAN SCHOOL IS OVER YAY :-) ALSO IM SORRY FOR THE THING IN THE MIDDLE LOL

DEDICATED TO JUICYCAMERONN BECAUSE SHE SAID TO UPDATE !

also tysm for 490 reads that means lots!

remember to vote if u read this far lol