fourteen ☎︎ suicide hotline

[songs for this chapter:
- from eden / hozier
- certain things / james arthur
thanks for reading! xx]

once winnie had left and found her way back home, she put all of her things down and headed into her room; grasping the guitar in her hand tightly. she was so thankful for this guitar that calum had given her - and she couldn't of been happier to have it.

she sat down on her bed, pulling the guitar out of its case and scrambling around her room to find her journal. secrets, songs and more were found in that journal. she put everything into it. but she hoped that no one would find it. even calum.

she began strumming on her guitar, finding a tune to base her song. once she had strummed a few tunes and found one that she actually liked, winnie began to write down lyrics.

the inspiration flew free from her newly found relationship with calum. nostalgia grew in her veins as she reminisced on the events she's experienced with calum.

the first call, meeting him, holding him, kissing him, adventuring with him and just purely loving him. all the thoughts that ran through her head made her happy. and again, she was thankful for the impact calum brought on her life.

winifred scribbled words down, forming what seemed like a poem until she had put her tune against her words. smiling softly, she found herself drawing the song to a close.

"in only an hour," she was shocked. usually it took her days to find at least an inspiration for her songs. but she knew. when she was with calum, everything was easy. and even though love was hard - calum made it easy. and that's what she loved about him.

once she had finished everything and put her journal and guitar away, winifred went to her laptop and began logging on to the suicide hotline website. she was ready to answer calls, after not having done it in awhile.

"h-hello?" a small feminine voice came from the other line, and winifred frowned. she hated when people were sad. she hated when people felt like harming themselves, or when they hated themselves. that's not what they should do. they should love who they are - for everyone is beautiful.

"hi, gorgeous. i'm winnie." winnie said softly.

"oh, hi, winnie. my name is ch-charlotte." she hiccuped during her sentence and winnie chuckled lightly, a smile etched on her face.

"what's your favourite band, char?" winnie said, picking at the lose threads on her jeans. she pulled one off and silently cheered. they were really bugging her.

"oh, um. it's not a band. it's just a person." replied charlotte, who had a slightly more upbeat tone than to what she had when she called in. that's what made winnie happy.

"oh cool! mine's hozier, what about you?" winnie asked, flipping through some cd albums on her shelf.

"hozier's my favourite too! he's great." charlotte loved talking about hozier.

"wow, twins separated at birth?" joked winnie, making charlotte laugh. "what's your favourite song?"

"somebody new. it's really... attractive? in like music form? i dunno." charlotte said, smiling.

"that's a really good track. but i'm going to put on my favourite, just listen in." winnie said, putting a disc into her cd player and pressing 'next' until track six came on.

"alright, here you go, char!" exclaimed winnie, pressing play. 'from eden' started to play and charlotte grinned.