Chapter 24

November 27, 2016
Saint Michael Parish, Barbados
10:34AM
Onika Tanya Maraj:

Waking up at 6:50 this morning was one hell of a challenge for me, because everybody knows I hate being woken up out of my sleep, but this is only a one time thing and that's because it's thanksgiving. I had to make all of the food by myself since Robyn had other plans with the bed, she's been sleep every since the alarm went off for Asia but, she wasn't there..soo Robyn decided on going back to sleep and she knew I needed help with making this food.

I hated rushing, even though the dinner is not until 9 I would still like for everything to be done on time but the way Robyn is set up, her ass gone need to start waking the fuck up, I don't even care if we had that little..thing last night but my ass got up and I know for sure she can get up too. I added the cheese inside the pan with the milk spreading it out, I already finished making the black eyed peas, neck bones and the peach cobbler. I wanted to just lay down so bad because I've been up for 4 and a half hours doing this by myself.

"kill me now." I whined stirring up the corn mix. I was making my homemade corn muffins, Robyn says she loves them so I decided to make them just for her. You see the shit I do for my baby. I'm too nice. I'm so happy that I told my mother bring her greens, her yams and some pies with her, because lord knows I would not be able to pull that off.  But on the other hand, I was so excited about seeing my brothers and my sister Ming, I've missed them so much.

"GoodMorning princess." I looked up at Robyn as she walked into the kitchen with her hair all over her head. I rolled my eyes not even acknowledging her presence. "I said GoodMorning."

"Mhm." I mumbled placing the macaroni and cheese in the oven. I heard her chuckle, which made me roll my eyes. Why this bitch think everything funny.

"You mad at me baby?" I picked up the muffins pouring them into the pan, after that I placed it right by the Macaroni.

"I'm fine." I mumbled. I closed the oven back, starting on the potato salad. Robyn got up from the stool and walked around the counter stepping behind me. I didn't even care if she was behind me. I just continued cutting up potatoes putting them in the water.

"Stop lying." She whispered in my neck placing her head in the crook of my neck. I moved my head around trying to cut them but she gripped my wrist stopping me. "Turn around fa' me." I shook my head pulling my hand from her grasp. I continued cutting more potatoes in the water and then I started on the eggs. I soon felt Robyn rub her hand under my long T shirt, she ran her fingers over my stomach placing both her hands at the top of my boy shorts.

"Robyn not now, I'm already pissed at you."

"But I though you wasn't?"

"I lied." I said shrugging her hands off me.

"Ok nika if your mad because I didn't wake up at a reasonable time then I'm sorry ok, I was just pretty fucked up last night from the drinking and then having the T-"

"Don't...I don't even want to remember what happened last night." Robyn gasped putting her hand on her chest in mock heart like she was hurt. "What?"

"You didn't enjoy it?" She said with a slight grin, I wanted to laugh but I kept my composure.

"Of course I did...its just that I wasn't expecting that to even happen, I mean I was a little tipsy yesterday so of course my dumb ass would go along with it."

"A little tipsy? Oh baby no, you were pretty drunk, you just don't be sloppy like most people which is really attractive." I shrugged placing the cut up eggs to the side, I grabbed the bowl with the potatoes and water inside and poured the water out. I placed the eggs in with the potatoes and got the mustered, relish and mayo out the fridge. "Damn." I looked up at Robyn as she stared at me resting her finger to her chin.