Chapter Six..............Men can be dumb

---------------------> Katrina!

I sat in my apartment alone. I had no reason to talk to anyone or deal with anyone. I was a fuck up. I dated a loser who could have raped me if he wanted too. Things had been great up until the night at the bar. I should have known something would go wrong. I hadn't been to work in a week, Kenny let me have sometime off to deal with Adam tried to do. I hadn't heard from anyone. I was left to myself to try to deal.

It wasn't until I was due back at work that someone showed up. I had music blasting so I didn't hear anyone walk in. I was dancing around when I saw Josh in my apartment. Harley didn't think anything of him. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw how tired and thin he looked.

"You seem to be doing better." He said with a weak smile.

"Hey um, I didn't hear you come in." I was kind of shocked he walked in.

"I heard the music, figured you couldn't hear me so you might see me." He gave another weak smile.

"Um thanks for helping me that night at the bar." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

"He had no right to do that to you." He said as he took a step back when I walked toward him.

"Are you doing ok?" I asked, he looked pale.

"I'm fine. I broke up with Amanda a few days ago. It's not going well." He looked sad.

"Oh god.......what happened?" I sat down and he did the same.

"I caught her with another guy. I walked in on them." He started softly cry.

"Oh fuck! I am so sorry!" I said as I pulled him into a hug. No one had told me shit, granted I was kind of off in my own world, but fuck! He didn't deserve being cheated on. He was such a sweet guy.

I just sat there with Josh, letting him try to calm down. I felt bad that he was taking it so hard. When I felt his breathing slow, I looked and saw he was asleep. I slowly moved out of the way and let him lay down.

I went into my room and grabbed my notebook. I sat in my favorite chair and watched as he slept. I had an idea for a song and started to write.

Around 7 that night Josh woke up and noticed he was on my couch. He looked a little freaked out and I smiled at him.

"Hey, feeling any better?" I smiled.

"How long was I out for?" He covered his eyes with his hand and groaned.

"Um 4 hours." I gave a small laugh as I got up.

"I should head home. I need to pack up Amanda's shit." He sat up and looked at Harley.

"I can help if you want...." I offered as I put my notebook down.

"No. It's ok. I just need to get it done." He gave me a hug and kissed my cheek as he left.

I sighed and softly sang what I had been working on while he was asleep. I grabbed my guitar and tried to play a melody.

"It's in your eyes, it's in your smile. You couldn't hide it if you tried. You can't deny, it's on your mind. And I won't lie to you, I feel it too. Just close your eyes and kiss me, you fool. What are you waiting for, it's just me and you? This moment is yours, you know what to do. Just pull me close to you, you fool. Without words, without a sound I can still hear you speak. Don't be afraid, there's no doubt. There's something between us. To believe in, oh....." I sang softly as I thought about Josh. I wanted him to hear it.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I was kind of sad since I had been shutting everyone out. I needed to get out and make something of myself. So I made a choice, I called Kenny and told him I was giving my two week notice. I started to ask around about jobs and found out a local radio station was looking for someone to help out during the days. I applied and just had to wait to hear.

I was out having fun with Josh and everyone in a club. It was fun to get out and I was going to tell them my news. It was something I wanted to shout about. I sat at the table waiting for everyone to come sit so I could tell them about the new job.

"So you said have news. What's up?" Josh asked as he sat next to me.

"I wanna wait till everyone gets back." I smiled as I sipped my drink.

"Josh there you are!" A brunette woman smiled as she walked up and kissed him.

"Hey Kelsey." He has a huge grin on his face as she sat down.

"I missed you." She rested her head on his shoulder as I just watched them.

"Emery, this is my new girlfriend Kelsey." He smiled as she ran her hand up and down his thigh.

"Nice to meet you. I should go. I have things to take care of." I left the club, heading home in tears.

Josh's POV:

I sat with Kelsey, trying to figure out why Emery left the way she did. She had been all excited about some news, but left before she told anyone. I smiled as the guys sat down with their girlfriends, laughing and joking. It wasn't until Megan said something that everyone looked at me.

"Where'd Emmy go?" She looked at me and gave me an evil glare.

"What did you do?" Katrina asked.

"Nothing, I introduced her to Kelsey and she left." I shrugged.

"I didn't say anything to her." Kelsey pouted.

"Why are you here?" Katrina hissed.

"I asked her to come. Why are you being a bitch?" I spat.

"Josh watch it. You know Megan, Kat and Dani are close with her. Don't go calling Kat a bitch." Matt warned, giving me a look.

"I don't know what the big deal is. She's a friend. That's it." I snapped as I got up. Kelsey followed me and we were about to leave when Mike stopped me.

"Em has feelings for you. You need to talk to her." Was all he told me as he went back to the table.

As Kelsey and I got in my car, my mind was off in in lala land. I was trying to wrap my mind around what Mike had told me. As we got Kelsey apartment, she climbed into my lap and started to make out with me. I didn't feel much like being in mauled. I carefully pushed her away and sighed.

"I'm sorry, I'm not in the mood." I sighed, she gave me a look and got out of my car.

"This is about that girl isn't it?" She spat.

"I need to figure some stuff out. That's all." I felt bad, she was hot and beautiful.

"Whatever Josh. Don't call me." She walked off and I hit the steering wheel.

I went home and thought about what Mike had said. Emery had feelings for me? How long had she had them? Does she want to be with me? Would she want to be with me? Did I fuck it all up? All these thoughts ran thought my mind. All I wanted as to talk to her. Get some idea of what was going on.

A few days later I woke up to a phone call. I sighed as I answered and heard Mike.

"Hey we're going out tonight. There's a new artist showcase at the bar on Main. We're all going and you're going with us." He said as I tried to wake up.

"I don't want to go." I groaned, rolling over.

"You don't have a choice. You're going." The line went dead.

I looked at my phone and sighed. I didn't sleep much and now I had to go out to some bar and listen to people who couldn't sing. I didn't feel like hearing music in some dark bar. I wanted to talk to Emery, but she had moved and gotten a new cell phone. I hated myself for being such a dumbass.