Chapter Four........Grandpa comes to Town

------------------------> Peter Tork

I was sitting by the wall when I heard someone calling my name. I tried to hide, I didn't want anyone to see me cry. I looked up and saw Mike with Megan. I wiped my eyes and stood up, trying to get my composure.

"Don't listen to Amanda. She's a bitch. She didn't like that Josh was up there with you." Mike offered.

"What makes you think I'm upset?" I asked as I brushed my jeans off.

"Em, you were great. It was Josh's idea to have the guys help. He thought with all the hard work you put into that song deserved a little help." Megan smiled.

"Well I may stop working with Josh if she's that's pissed. I'm gonna ask my grandfather to come up and help me. I need time to sort this all out." I said as I went back in to finish my shift. I just wanted to go home.

I loaded up my car, not caring if anyone was there. I ignored people who passed me, I just wanted to get into bed and sulk. I was almost done loading when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

Josh's POV:

"Amanda what the fuck is wrong with you?" I hissed at her, she was so rude.

"What? Her song was horrible. Why would you or the guys associate with her? The same goes for you Megan. She's a whore. She's just trying to get famous." She sneered at us.

"Shut up." Danica hissed, Katrina had an pissy look on her face as well.

"Who are you to say what's she's doing? She sounded amazing." Katrina added.

"Emery is a great person. You're a bitch." Megan hissed as she and Mike left to check on Emery.

"Joshie, she really isn't that good. She has a horrible fashion sense and she looks like a man." Amanda said as she tried to cuddle with me.

"What the hell is your deal? Emery spent a lot of time on that song. You have no right being so stuck up, pretentious and rude! I'm not doing this." I got up and left, leaving my girlfriend sitting in the booth with my friends and their girlfriends.

I went out front for a smoke and to clear my head. It was fucked how Amanda was acting. Emery had great talent and she worked hard. I had gotten so angry when she talked about about her. Calling her talent less and saying she looked like a man. I didn't get why I was so pissed. I snuffed out the smoke and went around back to try and talk to Emery.

She was loading up her things as Mike and Megan walked inside. I took a deep breath and walked up to her, she seemed so sad. I put my hand on her shoulder as she went to load up an amp.

"Fucker!!" She screamed, elbowing me in the gut.

"Oof!" I gasped, doubling over.

"Oh fuck me! I am so sorry Josh!" She dropped to her knees to make sure I was ok.

"Remind me not to sneak up on you again." I stood up and sighed as she looked worried.

"I get a little iffy at night when I'm alone." She looked a littler nervous as she went back to loading her car.

"I wanted to talk. I am so sorry about Amanda. She has her issues when it comes to people I work with. Mainly if it's a woman. She thinks the worst. I hate the fact she think I'm gonna do something dumb." I hated the fact that Amanda had made such a beautiful person feel horrible.

"She's right. I don't have a future singing. I'm better off working in the bar." She looked like she was about to cry.

I grabbed her and pulled her into a hug and held her as she cried. I hated seeing women cried, I just hugged her and let her cry. I couldn't stand the fact that Amanda  had caused this. I was going to make it right. She and I were over.