Chapter Fourteen......................Finally an answer!

I was getting nervous. It had been 3 weeks and no word for Lava. I was getting worried. I had a show at The Cave. Josh and the guys were my back up band. I was up after a band called Bystarlight. I knew they were on Josh's label. I had a few new songs to try. One was a bit edgy. Something outside of my zone. I hoped it went well.

I was sitting by the stage, waiting for Josh when I saw Allen. I felt my nerves go nuts. I had to nail this. I had to make him see I was worth it. I ran out to my car and popped my trunk. I needed to change my clothes. A pink bandage dress was not going to work. I grabbed a pair of dark blue skinnies and grabbed a white Lace Cropped top. I grabbed a pair of white Guess booties then jumped into my care.

I got out and thought about what I put on. It looked better then the dress. I was taking a few deep breaths when I saw Bystarlight. I felt a little under dressed and styled. I went back to my car and grabbed a Betsey Johnson gold-tone Zebra heart pendant necklace and a pair of gold-tone Zebra heart and key mismatch earrings to match. I took a few deep breaths and jumped when I heard Josh cough.

“You saw Allen didn't you?” He laughed.

“Yes and now I'm freaking out.” I sighed.

“Listen to me. You are going to do great. Just do what we planned and it'll go great. We're gonna help you out. Just relax. So what if you're on after Bystarlight. You are fucking hot and fucking amazing. No one can out shine you tonight.” He always knew what to say to help me relax. I knew my family was here and my uncles. It was a full house.

“Let's go do this.” I sighed.

I stood by the bar, watching Bystarlight. They were amazing. There was no doubt. I had to be better then them. They had a deal. This was my shot to get one. I busted my ass. This was it. My make it or break it moment. As they thanked the crowd, I asked for a shot. I took a deep breath, drank the shot then headed to the stage to get ready. As the lights went down, I knew what I had to do.

“Good evening! I'm Emery. Let's here it for Bystarlight!! Were they great or what? I mean really. This is my first time here so bare with me.” I laughed as I looked at the guys and we kicked in Symptoms of You.

I played as well as I could. I sang as hard I could. When it came time for the last song, the guys knew I was doing an acoustic song. I looked at my gran father, family, uncles and friends. This was a song none of them had heard.

I'm an angel, I'm a devil

I am sometimes in between

I'm as bad as it can get

And good as it can be

Sometimes I'm a million colors

Sometimes I'm black and white

I am all extremes

Try to figure me out, you never can

There's so many things, I am

I am special

I am beautiful

I am wonderful

And powerful

Unstoppable

Sometimes I'm miserable

Sometimes I'm pitiful

But that's so typical of all the things, I am

I'm someone filled with self-belief

I'm haunted by self-doubt