Chapter Nine............To get what You want

I woke up in a strange room, it took me a moment to realize where I was. I calmed down once I remembered I was at my grandfather's house in California. It was odd being in his house again. It was also calming. I knew I was going to have to tell him everything about the last few months and that would be the hardest part for me. Talking about things had never been my strong suit, but with my grandfather, I was ok. I could tell tell him anything. I pulled on a hoodie before I left the room. I grabbed my phone and went to the kitchen. I stopped when I heard 3 voices.

"So she came in last night from Canada? How's she doing up there?" I knew that voice, my uncle Mickey!

"I thought she was doing ok. She was distraught when she showed up. I hope everything is ok." My grandfather sighed.

"I'm sure she is. She might need your advice. I'm just shocked she didn't go to her parents." The other voice was one that always made me shake my head. Uncle Mike. I walked out and coughed, making them all jump.

"You're awake!" Grandpa Peter smiled as he grabbed me a cup of coffee.

"Uncle Mickey! Uncle Mike!" I laughed as I hugged them.

"I think we might be a bit too old to be uncles now." Mickey laughed.

"Never!" I smiled as I felt myself relax.

"Peter tells us you're living in the great white north now. How's that working out?" Mike asked.

"I work at a radio station and I'm working on demos." I smiled as I sipped my coffee after putting a lot of sugar and cream in it.

"What about friends? I know that was always hard for you." Mickey laughed.

"I have friends. Megan, Katrina, and Danica are great. Mike, Matt and Ian are in a band. They're like brothers to me." I was proud I could say I had friends.

"How's Josh doing?" Grandpa Peter went right for it.

"He's ok. We haven't talked much lately. I've been busy with work and he's busy with the bands new album. I only see the guys because of the girls." It wasn't really a lie.

"Peter tells us this Josh has a thing for you." Mickey smirked. Leave it to Mickey to bring that up.

"Yea I don't know what's up with that. After the other night, I'm confused." I took a long drink of coffee and groaned as my phone went off. "I'll be right back."

I went outside to the back yard and sighed as I answered the phone. It was Mike.

"Em, is everything ok? Megan is kind of freaking out. You just left. Where are you?" He was such a good friend.

"After what happened with Josh, I needed to get away to think. I'm safe. I'm at my grandfather's house." I sat down on a chair and looked at the pool. I mentally kicked myself for not grabbing a bathing suit.

"Aside from sleeping with Josh, what happened?" He sounded worried.

"Parker asked what I wanted. If I wanted him or Josh. I have no idea. I am so confused. So I did the only thing I could think of. Left for a few days." I hated feeling so lost.

"You know you can talk to us, right? Josh doesn't have to know. He cares about you. A lot. He wants to make you happy. Be the kind of guy you need and help get you signed." Mike was always the voice of reason. A walking Hallmark card.

"I'll call you later. My grandpa's friends are here." I sighed as they came out.

"Wait, you're with all the Monkees?" He sounded excited.