Chapter Twelve.............Shutting up the Family

.....................................> Emery's little sister Hadley

I stood in my bedroom, looking at my reflection. I picked out my black skinny jeans that had rips in them and my tall black boots that had straps around the ankle and zipped all the way up. I stopped and changed from my jeans to a dark blue mini skirt to go with my boots. I found my zebra tank top and decided on my outfit. I smiled as I heard my front door open and close.

"Em?" I heard Megan call.

"In here!" I hollered as I pulled the top on and skirt.

"You look cute!" She smiled when she saw me.

"Thanks." I laughed as I grabbed my lucky key necklace and started my make up.

"Here let me do your hair. I can't believe you put the pink in it." Megan offered, Josh was going to pick me up and I needed to be ready.

"I find it funny that I'm going through all this just to shut my family up and Josh digs the pink." I laughed as Megan curled my hair.

"You want them to be proud. Nothing wrong with that. Just keep calm and relax. Josh is gonna be there. So will I. Mike, Matt and Ian are excited to hear the new stuff. Danica and Katrina love your music." She smiled.

"What would I do without you?" I laughed as she pulled the curls into a ponytail and I finished my make up.

As I arrived at the bar with Josh, I saw my parents. They were at a booth watching people in the bar. The stage was set and I just had to wait my turn to go up. I had no idea what to expect from singing that night, It would be different. My parents had very different ideas of what music should be, tonight would be a shock for them. I was embraced by everyone and told how hot I looked. I laughed and shook it off as I saw some of the regulars who knew me.

"Are you gonna do Shut Up?" Mike asked, wondering if I wanted to do on of the newer songs Josh and I had written.

"Maybe, it'll piss my folks off and it's fun." I smiled as I sat on Josh's lap.

"Do what you want. Sing what you want. You're fucking amazing." Josh kissed me, making me forget anyone else was around.

"Emery, you look......interesting." I heard my mother say.

"This is how I always dress mother." I rolled my eyes as I stood up.

"You look like a street walker." She sighed.

"Fine. Megan, Dani, Kat can you help me?" I glared at my mother then walked out to my car. I always had clothing stashed.

I pulled out a black halter dress that had a cheetah print trim around the top and smirked. I watched as Megan, Dani and Kat gave me a funny look. I pulled out a pair of black on black flocked leopard heels and got into the back of my car.

"Em, you ok?" Megan asked as they blocked the windows.

"My mother thinks I look like a hooker, I'll show her." I hissed as I tried to get changed.

"Josh is gonna try to rape you." Kat laughed as I slid the dress on.

"That's just a bonus!" I laughed as I got out and slipped my heels on.

"Oh my god....." Dani laughed as I turned.

"Can I just say every man in the room is gonna wanna do you." Megan laughed as I looked for my lipstick.

"Tell Josh to meet me behind the stage." I smirked as I walked back inside and hide behind the stage.

I was taking a few deep breaths when Josh walked behind the curtain. I smiled when he saw me, but he looked worried and shocked.