20.

Voices.

Louis is convinced that Harry hears voices in his head, which is why the boy is so insane. He doesn't want to jump to conclusions, but there is strong evidence to prove that it's true, and Louis found out because Harry came to bed with him last night, thinking he was asleep.

"Louis loves me," had said Harry, his voice below a whisper, but Louis heard even with his eyes closed. He tried to stay still and pretend that he was sleeping, not wanting Harry to catch him listening in. At first, Louis inferred that Harry was just saying it to say it, but then he spoke once again in a menacing tone. "Yes he does! I am not going to argue with you right now."

Louis woke up face-to-face with Harry, who was staring at him with wide open eyes, which were rimmed with red around the green. He was starting to think that this guy never slept, but then again it could be possible from how psycho he was, and the obvious bags underneath his eyes. Harry started to smile as Louis' eyes fluttered open, a sparkle in his eye that Louis has seen countless times before as they sat in bed and looked at one another. Louis didn't know what to do, whether or not to move or say something intelligible.

"Hi. How did you sleep, doll?" inquired Harry softly, causing Louis to cringe.

The pet name certainly was going to drive him crazy, if not possibly kill him, if he had to hear it more than necessary. Louis didn't know how to respond because honestly, he didn't sleep well. He had a dream that he would never see anyone except Harry ever again, never being able to pick up a video camera and go to VidCon, and go meet fans. He began to cry, his chest moving in and out as tears poured down his face, feeling like he couldn't breathe.

"Baby...? Why are you crying? What's wrong?" asked Harry with concern in his voice, his arms wrapping around Louis' body and pulling him close. Louis let out a loud whimpered and cried even harder, but Harry didn't even know it was because of him.

"I'm sad." replied Louis quietly, his words barely coming out.

The boy next to him made cooing noises in attempt to keep Louis calm, unaware of the way Louis' hand was deliberately sneaking under the pillow. His breathing became labored as Harry whispered sweet things into his ear, caressing his arm soothingly while kissing the top of Louis' head, and Louis should be appreciative right now of how caring Harry was, but his hand was already wrapped around the pair of scissors.

"I don't want my princess upset. How about...how about I take you out again this weekend? We can fly to Europe and go to any place you want. I'll take you shopping and you can get the clothes of your choice, but you'd have to behave." compromised Harry sweetly, and Louis tried to decide if he should go through with his plan now, or just wait until a better time. He'd have more of a chance to do it if they were on another continent with people surrounding them, and he'd earn Harry's trust just like he had been trying to do. He had to be smart about these things.