Chapter Two

Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for awhile.

Zoe’s POV

Chapter 2

“Flight number 224 is now boarding for London International Airport.” A monotonous voice says over the intercom. Audrey and I gather up our carryon bag, which is just our purses, and made our way to the ticket counter and had the flight attendant scan our tickets.

We walked to our seats and plunk down into them.

“Thank god!” Audrey heaves a sigh of relief.

“Yeah, thank god,” I mumble back and look out the window as the last people board the plane.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Audrey asks, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

I look up at her, forcing the tears that are building up in my brown eyes to not fall. “Nothing, nothing at all.”

Audrey purses her lips and raises an eyebrow at me. She opens her mouth to say something but the flight attendant’s intercom comes on, instructing the passengers about their flight regulations. I sit back and close my eyes as the plane begins to taxi, knowing full well that if I looked out the window between now and take-off I would most likely vomit. Stupid motion sickness.

An hour into our flight Audrey nudges me in the ribs. “Okay, come on. What’s up?”

I shake my head at her and continue flipping through the Sky Mall catalog. “Nothing.”

“Ugh!” Audrey throws her hands up in the air. “Seriously Zoe, you can’t hold it in.”

I turn to her and narrow my eyes at her. “I’m fully aware I can’t hold anything in. I’m just not in the mood to discuss how no one in my family gives a rats ass about me. Today when I got home and packed everything they didn’t even notice me. At least your parents acknowledge your existence. My parents didn’t show up for my graduation.”

Audrey blinks at me and sags in her seat. “Zoe, I get it. I know what it’s like to be neglected. That’s why we are the best of friends. We are the same person. We are done with them and we’re not going to look back. My aunt says we are more than welcome to stay at her unoccupied flat in downtown London until we can get on our feet, or at least know what we’re going to do.”

I lean my head against the window and the cool air helps my headache. I take calming breaths and after a few minutes I’m calm. “Okay,” I smile and face my best friend. “Let’s do this!”

She beams at me and hugs me, which is really uncomfortable when you’re strapped into your seat and an armrest is in between you. I laugh and hug her back.

“Daddy!” the girl behind us squeals.

“What honey?” Her father asks her sweetly.

“We might be able to see One Direction!” Her voice raises an octave and Audrey and I roll our eyes at each other.

“Uh huh, sure sweetie.” Her dad says dismissively.

Audrey and I turn to get a peek at the two people behind us and we see a girl of about ten huffing in her seat and her dad on his laptop. Audrey and I quickly turn around before either can spot us eavesdropping and we smile knowingly at each other, for that was the only reason we agreed on going to London in the first place.

The rest of the flight passed with Audrey and I playing games to keep us entertained and drifting in and out of sleep. Finally, when the plane did land we got off and quickly made our way to baggage claim. We ended up having to get a cart to carry all of our suitcases. People kept giving us weird looks, we just shrugged it off and made our way to find a taxi.

Once inside the taxi and everything had been packed in Audrey gave the driver her aunts address. As we slowly made our twenty minute journey to the flat the morning clouds started to disappear, a small amount of sun beginning to poke through.

Being from California we were used to it being eighty to one hundred plus degrees, not seventy degrees. I don't mind though. It's a wonderful change of pace.

"We're here!" Audrey squeals and hands the cabbie his toll and some tip.

We pull out everything and with our ten or so bags on the sidewalk we look to the two story flat and hurry up to get all of our things inside. When everything is in Audrey and I take a tour of the two bedroom flat. It's all modernised and has an open floor plan.

"Wow," I breathe out.

"Thank god my aunt only wants the best." Audrey smiles.

"Yeah," I smile back.

An obscenely loud noise from outside interrupts our perfect moment.

"What the..." Both Audrey and I ask, walking over to the window looking out over the street below. There, right outside our door, are loads of screaming girls.

"Who is here?" Audrey asks and I just shrug.

"I don't know," I open up the window to hear what they're chanting and my heart stops.

"Audrey, they're screaming for One Direction." I say, my mouth hanging open.

A/N: How was chapter two? I might keep writing this, I might take a break on it... I don't know. Please comment and vote letting me know how it was! How good is redheadedrebel's writing??