Chapter 5

"I'm going running. Do you want to come with me?" Normani asked me standing in a sports bra and very short gym shorts.

"Naw, I'm good." I played a few different sports in middle school and high school, but I hate working out. I know I'll be setting a bad example for my patients, but I only exercised because a coach forced me to. Now that I don't play sports, I can be lazy.

"After the holidays, you've gotten a little pudgy. You should at least go walking," Normani suggested.

Ah. There is nothing like a fresh insult in the morning.

"I have a favor to ask you," Normani continued. Is she asking me for a favor after she just called me fat? "Can you tie my shoes?"

"What's the matter? You don't to mess up your fingernails?" I jeered.

"No, I don't know how to tie my shoes," revealed Normani.

"You're joking, right?"
"No. My parents never taught me, and someone always does it for me," she admitted.

"Naw, we can't have this. I'm teaching you how to tie your shoes. I can't believe that you're 23 and never learned," I said.

After a few tries, Normani finally mastered the art of shoe tying. "I can't believe you didn't even learn this in school," I commented.

"I was homeschooled until high school," Normani explained.

Wow. Normani's parents were just all around terrible. Not only did they raise her to be self-centered, but they did a poor job in educating her. I'll concede that it wasn't completely her fault that she was the way she was.

A few minutes after Normani went out for her run, Dinah came to the house with two of her brothers and one of her sisters. They were much younger than she was with her being the oldest of her siblings. I love kids, so I had a good time playing with them until the diva came back.

"What are these snotty kids doing here?" Normani snapped.

"They're my brothers and sisters," Dinah growled. It was about time that something Normani said made her mad.

"Gross! You know I hate kids and so does Coco. By the way, where is she?"

"We had to put her in the bedroom," I answered. "She was trying to bite them."
"Good!" exclaimed Normani. "Now, let my Coco free and send these rugrats back home."

"Lucky for you, I was just about to take them home. My parents want them back before dinner," said Dinah.

"Ah, man. And, we were having so much fun," I pouted.

"You can play with Coco. She's cuter and cleaner." Normani suggested.

"I don't want to play with that demon dog."

While Dinah drove her siblings back home, Normani went to take a shower letting Coco out into the living room to bother me. I was trying to eat my stir-fry with tofu, but that damn dog kept jumping on my lap begging for food.

"Here!" I yelled throwing a piece of tofu to the mutt.

"Did you just feed my dog soy crap?" Normani questioned standing in the living room in her towel. I didn't even see her there.

"Um...yeah."

"What is wrong with you? Dogs are carnivores," she scolded.

"But...I...she kept begging for it," I tried to explain.

"She's a dog. She'll eat anything kind of like you," Normani argued.

Normani quickly turned and went back to the bedroom. A couple of minutes later, she came back into the living room clothed and turned off the music I had playing. "That Lana Del Rey shit you play all the time puts me and Coco to sleep."