Chapter 17

"Alright, ladies. It's time to get started," Normani announced.

When I walked into the living room, all of the furniture had been pushed back to make room in the center. Dinah came out in her workout clothes shortly after I did. Normani was about to start the music and show us the dance she choreographed when there was a knock at the door.

"Oooh! It's Ally," said Dinah as she looked through the peephole.

Dinah opened the door to let in their friend. Ally seemed really excited about something when she took a seat on the couch.

"I have some news you and Normani will love," Ally told Dinah. "TLC is trying to find the next big girl group, and they're holding auditions in L.A. Guys, we can form a group!"

This was awkward. Dinah rocked back and forth on her heels and toes and clinched her teeth. I stared down at the ground trying to avoid eye contact with Ally. Expectedly, Normani was the one bold enough to tell her the truth.

"Uh. Yeah. Um. We heard about that and formed a trio with Lauren. Sorry," Normani apologized.

"You chose Lauren over me, your longtime friend?" Ally asked.

"Well..." Normani hesitated for a moment. "Lauren is a really good singer and a decent dancer. Dinah and I thought she would fit in well with us."

"Okay. Well, there is no rule on how many members we can have other than two is the minimum. So, we can have a four-piece band," Ally suggested.

Normani let out a long sigh. "Alright, Ally, since you can't take a hint, we didn't think you would fit in the group because you can't dance."

Ally gasped, "I've been getting better. I've been practicing."

"Well, keep practicing. In the meantime, we're going to continue as a trio," Normani stated.

"Why are you being such a bitch to me?" Ally questioned. "You're just a user. You used me as a friend when you pissed everyone else off, you used me as a rebound when you broke up with Camila, and you used me to get laid when you were single. Now that you have Lauren, you've pushed me off to the side because you don't need me anymore."

"You fucked Ally?" Dinah asked stunned.

Normani struggled to answer. "I...I...I."

I interjected, "Who haven't you fucked? Don't tell me that you fucked Dinah."

"Girl, don't you even go there. You know I don't swing that way," Dinah asserted.

"I was drunk every time," Normani commented.

"Now, you're saying that you only slept with me because you were drunk? I've had enough of being your doormat. Lose my number," Ally hissed right before she let herself out of the house.

Normani shrugged her shoulders and went back to selecting the song she wanted on her iPhone. "Oh, my god. I thought she would never leave. Now, let's get started."

I heard Beyonce blare from the speakers, which is what I expected. Normani and Dinah were obsessed with her. I liked some of her music, but it wasn't really something I could see myself singing.

"Yo, I like Beyonce and all, but this isn't really my style. Can we do something mellower like Kehlani or something?" I suggested.

"I love Kehlani," Dinah beamed.

"I'm cool with Kehlani," said Normani. "It shouldn't be that hard to adapt the choreography."

Once we all agreed on a song, Dinah and Normani worked to make some changes to the choreography. Then, we all started rehearsing it over and over and over again. Normani wanted everything to be perfect; and, according to her, we were far from perfect. I must have lost five pounds in those few hours just by sweating, alone. Dinah was also getting exhausted and sat down on the floor to take a break. I soon joined her.