Chapter 13

A/N: Be sure to watch my Laurmani video above titled "Lick My Pussy and My Crack."

"Mani." Normani and I were cuddled up in bed with her head lying on my chest.

"Mmhmm," she responded.

"If this relationship is going to work, you're going to have to learn to be nicer. You can't just say whatever comes to your mind. If it's something you wouldn't want said to you, then you shouldn't say it about someone else," I said.

"Got it, Lolo," replied Normani.

"Give me kiss."

Normani listened to my demand and lifted up to peck me on the lips. Then, all of a sudden, my phone started buzzing on the nightstand. Normani's face went straight from looking loving to looking angry.

"Who is texting you at 10 o'clock at night?" she questioned.

"I don't know. Let me check," I answered.

I looked at my messages and saw a text from Camila. Great. I was trying to relax with my girlfriend, and Camila had to start drama. Normani reached her hand out for me to hand the phone over to her. I complied. I had nothing to hide from her.

Camila: You couldn't even call to see how I was doing?

Normani furrowed her eyebrows. "Nuh, uh. This bitch."

I reached my hand out for Normani to hand my phone back to me. "I'll take care of it."

Lauren: I'm sorry, but you have to admit that the whole cousin thing was awkward. It freaked both of us out.

Camila: It freaked me out at first, but I've had time to think about it. It really isn't that bad. We're second cousins. That's pretty distantly related. It's legal for us to marry, and it's not like we'll be producing children together. Did you know that first cousins don't even have a higher rate of producing children with genetic problems?

Lauren: That's interesting and all, but I'm still not comfortable with dating my cousin. Besides, Normani and I are back together.

Camila: You got back with her? Are you crazy?

Lauren: We're working on things. Look, it was fun hanging out with you, but Normani is my girlfriend now. Having you text me is not going to help our relationship. She's actually reading our texts right now.

Camila: If you can read this, Normani, then fuck you. And, fuck you too, Lauren.

"She took that well," Normani joked.

I sighed, "It's so weird. Why would she still want to be with me after finding out that our mothers grew up together as cousins?"

"You don't know what you've gotten yourself into. She is batshit crazy. Be prepared," Normani warned me.

"She'll get over it," I said.

Normani shook her head. "You don't understand. She is not going to let this go."

To me, Normani was overreacting. Camila and I were only together for two months. We weren't together for years like Normani and Camila were. We also broke up under different circumstances. I wasn't worried about it. I fell asleep with my mind at ease.

In the morning, Normani and I got ready to go to church with my parents. I didn't really want to go when my parents asked, but Normani said that she really wanted to "bond" with them. After what happened on Thanksgiving, I wasn't sure if that was a good thing, but I didn't think much could go wrong at church.