Chapter 11

It turned out that Camila was pretty cool and very smart. We created our own little study group. Of course, our study sessions were always held at her house. Normani would throw a fit if I brought her to ours. As matter of fact, Normani didn't know that we were hanging out at all. She didn't even know that we had a class together.

There was definitely a strong mental and emotional attraction between Camila and me. It made my relationship with Normani seem like more of a physical one. Don't get me wrong. Normani and I had a lot of things in common and had fun outside of the bedroom, but Normani was...Normani. For some reason, she couldn't let herself become fully involved with me, and I wanted something more than just a "friend with benefits." So, yeah. Camila and I started dating and without Normani's knowledge.

After being together for about two months, Camila and I were at the county fair walking around holding hands and eating cotton candy. We were looking around trying to decide if we wanted to get on a ride or play one of those con games designed to never let you win. That's when we ran into Ally. She stopped in front of us and stared at Camila up and down. In an attempt to make the moment less awkward, I greeted her.

"Hey, Ally," I said.

"This isn't Normani," she responded looking at us holding hands.

I quickly released Camila's hand, and she turned to look at me like I was crazy. I have to admit. I was deathly afraid of Normani finding out. Not only was I dating an ex-girlfriend who she hated, but I was still sleeping with her. Yes, I know I was wrong. It's not like Normani and I were supposed to be monogamous because we weren't "officially dating," but Camila didn't know that I was still sleeping with Normani, and I kind of felt bad about that.

"No, it isn't Normani," I replied.

"Hmph," grunted Ally, and she walked off.

I knew she was going to tell Normani what she saw as soon as possible. Oh, well. I was going to enjoy myself while I could before getting an earful from Normani and possibly Dinah.

We continued walking across the fairgrounds still looking for something to do. We finally decided to spend a buttload of tickets on junk food. With our snacks, we sat down at a picnic table near the food stand. While deep in a conversation, we were interrupted by my mom and dad.

"Hey! I wasn't expecting to see you here," said my dad, Mike.

"Hi, mom. Hi, dad," I responded.

"Who's your friend, here?" asked my dad pointing at Camila.

Camila stood up and shook my mother and father's hands. "I'm Camila Cabello. It's nice to meet you."

"Cabello?" my mom, Clara, questioned.

"Yes, that's my name," Camila answered looking confused by what piqued her interest.

My mom explained, "I have a cousin who married a Cabello. What do your parents do for a living?"

"Uh. They own a chain of convenience stores," answered Camila.

My dad excitedly tapped my mom's shoulder. "Alejandro! I haven't seen him and your cousin in a long time. Once they started seeing a little money, they were too good to hang out with us poor folks," he laughed.

"Is your dad's name Alejandro?" I asked Camila.

"Yes," she muttered. "And, my mom's name is Sinu."

"Sinu's mother and my mother are sisters. You're cousins, and you didn't even know it!" My mother clapped with glee. "It's small world."

"It sure is," my dad agreed.