Chapter 17 Grover's POV

Grover was in a daze.

     He had no idea what happened to him; he just blacked out. He woke up in the camp infirmary, which was very quiet and empty. His head felt lighter, like something was missing, something important. Grover knew he had a brain, or else he wouldn't be alive and he wouldn't be able to think these very thoughts. He stood up and walked out of the infirmary.

     When he got outside, there was no one in sight. He couldn't here anything, not even his footsteps, well, hoof-steps. Okay, he was very freaked out now. Then, then all at once, a sharp sound of something cracking filled his ears, and he fell.

      He awoke with a gasp. The infirmary had its usual amount of wounded demigods. Apollo campers buzzed about, talking medical-talk to each other.  One of the campers came over to Grover and asked him how he felt.

"I'm alright, just, what happened?" He asked, rubbing his head as it started to ache.

 "We haven't found what the cause of your blackout was but we and the Athena kids are trying our hardest to find out what happened. But I heard Annabeth has a theory," she replied. He just nodded. The camper walked away just as Annabeth and Malcolm came storming in; Malcolm with a large book in his arms. Annabeth wordlessly pulled up a small table from one of the bedsides and sat down on Grover's bed/cot. She motioned Malcolm to place the book on the table, so he did. The book was an old-looking leather-bound book with frayed edges and stiff parchment as paper. It was definitely old.

 "What's this?" Grover asked.

"With a little help from Athena, we have a book of ancient mythological medicine," she answered. She seemed to notice he was confused so she went on," don't ask why this somehow existed but if it didn't, we wouldn't be getting anywhere," she finished. She flipped through the book until she seemed to find the right page. She slid the book around, so it wasn't upside-down for him, and pointed to the page. He looked at the title, confused.

"Um....Annabeth? I can't read ancient Greek as well as demigods can so can you translate?" he asked sheepishly.

"Yeah, well it says 'Empathy Links' and it tells all about how they work and what happens when they are cleaved apart," she explained.

"So, our theory might be right?"  he asked. She nodded.

"You see, empathy links can be broken, causing minor blackouts, headaches, or even death. We're just lucky you only blacked out," she said.

"It would make sense to why you can't contact him," Malcolm said.

"Yep, its been quiet in the brain-scape these days," he said in a terrible attempt to be funny. Not at a time like this. They sit in silence for awhile.

"So...what's next in the agenda to save Percy?" he asked as he tried to break the silence. Annabeth chewed her lip in thought.

"We look for signs of him and go wherever we have to," she replied. Annabeth patted his knee and stood up, "Get some rest and see you tomorrow," she said and walked out with her half-brother and the book. After awhile he called out half-heartedly.

"You forgot to put the table back."

_________time lapse_________

         Grover was silent that night. He couldn't sleep now that he knew his best friend is lost. Maybe not for sure but, who could be the judge? They had so little time to find him before he was gone for good and there is a whole earth to search. Ha, looking for Earth on Earth, he thought to himself. Grover couldn't take being here for a whole night, for he was left with dreary thoughts in a dreary room. This adventure could be the end or the continuation of life as they know it. What a life this is, he thought. Eventually, he fell asleep and dreamed of nothing good, but had the upmost importance to their mission.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry its been forever  since I've updated but I hope you liked this chapter and I'll see you in the next one!