Chapter 6 Percy's POV

Percy tried. He really did. He hoped his message, that he barely managed to make, got to Annabeth. Or anyone, really.

Percy thought he was far away from camp, being kept hostage deep within the clutches of Gaea. But then she told him something entirely different. He was under camp. Under camp. Help was so close, yet so far away. Now, he thought that the goddess couldn't get into camp without being seen, but she was the literal earth so sneaking into camp wasn't that hard.

Deep within the earth, in a damp, humid, stone room, Percy was held captive. The billowing tornado of green that consumed him left pain, and a lot of it. He never felt the same after that. Yeah, it was about a day ago, who knows down here? But his chest was consumed in a constant throb and his head was pulsing. His ears filled with the constant booming of his heart beat. He hasn't seen Gaea return to his cell like she always does to beat him up some more. After the Iris message was cut off, he blacked out from pain. Since he woke up, Gaea hasn't returned.

Oh, but child. I have been with you the whole time

Her ancient voice rung in his ears along with his rising heart beat. He looked around frantically for the source of the voice, but it seemed to come from his own head.

You are right, my dear

"That is really annoying you know that?" Percy growled at her. Well, her voice that is. Gaea made a sound that sounded like she was amused

"And creepy because, you know, reading my thoughts and all." He says.

Oh Perseus. You have no idea what pain I shall bring upon your very soul. Torturing you from the inside, out.

"I thought your plans were to kill me in a week?" Percy asked, trying not to show weakness. He had to be brave. Had to be strong. And never let her take over.

That was not my plan, Perseus. I do not plan to kill you ,even though that would be very great, I plan to kill your spirit. To take over your body as a host for destruction. You are the most powerful demigod. Yes? I plan to erase the life you once held dear and to wipe out anyone you dares to defy me.

"Try me, Dirt face." He growled at her. She laughed in amusement.

Pity

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My creative flow hasn't been the best lately. But it will get more interesting. So woohoo. Picture by the one and only Viria. Thanks for reading!