Chapter Six

The smell of coffee beans and chocolate croissants  filled my nose as I pushed the door open to the little coffee shop that was on the same road as my apartment. I used to LOVE Starbucks until I found this place. Its like a little gem tucked away in an alley. It has the best coffee and best custard cups in LA and the fact that it isn't that well known and is only busy during lunch hour is just another advantage of this gorgeous place. 

I spotted the brunette sitting in the corner table with two white mugs sitting in front of her. I made my way over and put my hand on her shoulder. Miley smiled at me as I rounded the table to sit across from her.

"Howdy stranger, haven't seen you in a while," Miley took a sip from her steaming mug and sent me a wink.

I laughed as I peered into the mug set in front of me. "I know! What is this?" I grabbed onto the mug and brought it up to my nose and breathed in the coffee smell.

"Yours is black coffee, one sugar and mine is a hot chocolate," she smiled. "So, why have you been distant lately? Oh wait, I know. A certain boy band member has stolen your heart with his green eyes, curly hair and husky voice." Miley made her voice deeper as she said 'husky voice' making me laugh at her impersonation of the boy. "Oh cute! You're blushing!" 

I hadn't even noticed that my cheeks had felt a bit hotter at the slightest hint towards Harry Styles. "Shut up!" I laughed again as I swatted my hand at her.

Miley laughed along with me before taking something out of her bag and slamming it on the table between us. "You looooove hiiiiim! And I'm not the only one who knows it!"

I didn't even reply to Miley's teasing remark because the picture on the cover of the magazine had my full attention. 

On the glossy page before me was a photograph of myself and the Mr. Styles himself. He was wearing his black jacket, the same from last night and I was in my favourite coat, also the same from last night. I ran my finger over his face and looked at his green eyes which looked alarmed in the photograph. All of a sudden I was back up against my door with Harry Styles devouring my lips all over again.

"YO! Seeeleeenaaaaa?" I snapped back to the present day and looked up at the worried expression sitting across from me. "You okay?" 

I put my face in my hands and groaned. I brought my fingers to my temples and rubbed softly trying to ease the head ache that had suddenly started banging on the walls of my skull with my eyes closed. After a few moments I fluttered my eyes opened to a face that was painted with confusion, worry and amusement. Another groan escaped my lips as my arms fell onto the table, my head follwoing not too far behind them. 

"Would you care to explain?" Miley's voice whispered to me.

"No," I huffed. Too tired and too confused in my own little world to even face the questions that were probably running through Miley's brain.

"Well then, let me just read the article then. I'm sure the tabloids know a lot more than me." I could feel the cool pages slipping from under my face causing me to sit up and snatch them away from Miley.

"NO!" I ripped off the cover of the magazine and crumpled it up. "No." I said again, a bit softer this time as I handed the magazine which looked violated and naked. Miley looked at me wide eyed as she tentatively grabbed the magazine from my hands. My face softened as I noticed the shock in her expression. "Sorry, just.. a lot of shit is hitting the fan." I looked down at the dark liquid and took another sip, hoping the liquid would calm my nerves. 

Miley reached over and stroked my free hand. "Wanna talk about it?"

And before I could even stop myself all the truths were toppling out of my mouth and into the open. As I explained from the night I first met Harry to Anna's phone call to the club to Harry and my questionable actions outside my door, various emotions and expressions crossed my best friend's face. The most prominent being concern.