Chapter Fifteen

"Selena, I think you should breathe," Demi giggled as she watched me out of the corner of her eye.

I gave her an 'I-am-breathing-even-though-it-might-not-look-like-it-idiot-now-leave-me-alone-to-not-breathe' look for a quick second before turning my eyes back onto the road. 

We were entering the parking areas of one of the studios - the one where One Direction was supposed to be having their interview. We'd come around to the back entrance to indulge in the privelages of the privacy the back always seemed to give us: no paparazzi and no fans that wanted to rip the clothes off of you. 

I parked in a parking bay with a perfect view of the back door. "Do you think they'll enter through this one or the main entrance?" Demi asked excitedly from her seat. She had her compact mirror out and was applying her pink shade of lip stick.

"I have no idea," I answered honestly. I noted how sweaty my palms were getting so I gripped onto the steering wheel tighter. "I hope they don't see us until AFTER the interview." 

I heard Demi's compact mirror shut with a click but I couldn't seem to tear away my focus from the entrance. 

"Why?!" I can't wait to see Niall!" I could hear from the way Demi's voice rose as she gushed about Niall that she was quite smitten for that little Irish blondie. 

I sighed, "I feel a bit... I don't know."

"Fragile?"

I turned to face Demi with a look of irritation, "No, Dem-"

"THEY'RE HERE!" she said at the top of her lungs with her voice soaked in excitement. 

I instinctively ducked my head out of sight, which only caused Demi to question me furhter. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"I don't know, okay," I hissed at her from my crouched psotion. "Get down here before they see us!" I yanked on her hand that was now waving and pulled her to my position.

She gave me a look that only expressed her disdain for my cowardliness. "You know they saw us, right?"

"Shhh!" I hissed. Demi only rolled her eyes, but stayed down below with me. In my head I was praying that they had not in fact seen Demi and I in the car. If I felt nervous on the way over, I was now ready to jump in front of a bus. 

A knock on the drivers window sent both Demi and I flying out of our seats in surpirse. We both shot our heads around to the noise in horror to find a smirking Harry in front of a laughing Niall. 

I turned to face Demi, my cheeks screaming embarrassment. Demi's eyes were slits as she glared at me.

"Sorry," I whispered under my breath as I pressed the button under my radio to roll down my window. "Hi." I said to the boys without making eye contact.

"Nice day for a drive, isn't it?" Harry's cheeky tone filling my ears. 

"We wanted to surprise you," Demi explained while her eyes were still burning a hole in the side of my head.

"Well, consider us surprised," Harry said. "Right Niall?" All that came out of Niall in response were hoots of laughter shaking the very frame of the car, I swear it. 

"Well?" Demi asked me, sharpness in her tone. "Are we going to get out of the car?" 

I mumbled a yes before I removed my key and grabbed my bag from behind my drivers seat. To my surprise Harry opened my car door for me and offered me his hand. 

I looked at his hand for a while before taking it, still not looking at him directly. 

His hand engulfed my own as he pulled me out of the car. He knelt down, whispering into my ear with his hot breath tickling my lobe, "Best surprise ever."