Chapter Nine

The alcohol seemed to drain from my blood stream in a matter of seconds when I looked at his eyes; the green was jaded by anger, jealousy and worst of all, hurt. 

"Ha-Harry?" I stuttered as I stepped towards him. "Wha-what are you doing here?"

He rubbed the back of his neck while looking down to his feet, clearly agitated, "I uh..." He looked up at me, a flash of annoyance and realisation crossed his eyes. "It doesn't matter now anyway." He pushed past me, not even looking back towards Justin and I.

"Why was Harry Styles from One Direction doing here?" Justin was looking towards the direction in which Harry had hurried off in.

The shock had sealed my voice box into a vaccum, not allowing any sound to travel through my body and out my mouth. 

Justin looked at me expecting some sort of answer or explanation but I couldn't give him one because that was a question that only one boy could answer, a boy who is probably never going to give me the time of day again let alone an answer. 

Justin raised his eyebrow but replaced his expression with the same one he wore the day we called it quits, "So all that stuff in the media was true?"

I shook my head violently, the words still glued to the inside of my throat.

"So then?!" His voice began to raise. "Can you not explain how that fucking Brit was just standing outside your apartment door and left looking rather pissed off?!" 

I covered my face with my hands as the memories of my last arguemnt with Justin flooded my thoughts.

"So that's it then?" Justin looked at me solemnly from his seat on his tour bus.

I played with my fingernails as I couldn't find the words to describe the place that my head was at.

Justin rubbed at his eyes trying to stop the liquid springing out of his eyes. I sighed before rolling my eyes slightly, "Don't cry, Justin."

"You're right because if I do you're only going to make fun of me on a talk show, right?" He snapped, hurt and anger drenching his words. 

I sighed again and got up from where I was sitting and placed a hand on his shoulder before taking a seat next to him. I rubbed his arm lightly as his body started to shake. "Its okay, our time together was magical but I need to find myself again," I attempted to soothe him.

"Can't you just find yourself with me?" his voice shook. I hated it when he cried.

"No," I slightly smiled. "I need to be alone for a while."

He jumped out of his seat, "I can't believe you're LEAVING me? In the middle of the tour! How fucking disrespectful is that, Selena?!"

"Its bad timing, I know," I calmly said. Truth is I had been trying to break it off with him for a while. We hadn't been working and he hadn't been making feel the way he used to.

"No shit," he huffed.

"I'm really sorry," I said.

"No you're not. Because if yu were you wouldn't be leaving me. You would realise that you need me."

I rolled my eyes again before standing up, "Justin, I think its time you realise that the fact that you think that I need you is one of the main reasons why we aren't working anymore." I started to make my way towards his tour bus's exit until Justin grabbed my hand lightly.

"Don't. Please don't leave me," He whispered. I turned to face his red eyes and slightly puffy cheeks. "I-I need you too."

My heart warmed at the few words I'd been waiting for, for the last few months but had never heard. My hand cupped his cheek, "No you don't." I whispered before lightly kissing his other cheek. "But that's the  problem." I gave him a reassuring smile before walking to the exit and oepning the door. "goodbye Justin. I do love you, always will." I hopped out of the bus and walked away from a two year relationship in a matter of minutes.