Chapter Nineteen

"You really don't have to come if you don't want to," Demi patted my knee as we sat in the cab. "I know it was upsetting to see him in the first place."

I sighed, placing my hand on top of hers. "I really need to just get drunk tonight, Demi." We both giggled before I dropped my head onto her shoulder.

"Just remember that there will be a lot of reporters there," Demi said, caution in her voice.

"I know, I know. I've been really good though, ahvem't I?"

"Yes, you have. And you didn't even need Harry to do it." Silence followed, my body physically tensing at the comment Demi had made. "You don't need a guy to be successful, Lena. Anna was wrong - you did it on your own."

I didn't respond. I didn't even know what to say to that. Yeah, I got a lot more support after all my sightings with Harry but all in all, I did do this on my own. My phone vibrated in my purse notifying me that I had a text:

From: Harry ;)

Are you definitely coming tonight?

To: Harry ;)

Yeah.. if its not a problem with you?

From: Harry ;)

Not at all...

To: Harry ;)

Good. Be there in a few.

I stared at my phone for a few seconds, waiting for a reply. Instead I recieved a text from Anna:

From: Anna

Be careful tonight - don't do anything stupid.

I rolled my eyes. Obviously I'm not dumb. Well... not anymore. Before I could put my phone away it vibrated once again, except this time Anna's face popped up on the screen.

"Hello?" I said into the phone, annoyance lacing my words.

"Hi," Anna's clipped tone resembling a telemarketer's. "We need to discuss Harry Styles. I know you're on your way to see him now with Demi so I think a debrief might be in order."

I rolled my eyes at her with Demi looking at me quizzically. She gestured with her hands to ask who was on the phone. I mouthed 'Anna' in response before turning my attention back to my agent.

"So, I don't know about you but I see this as an incredible opportunity for you to get some good publicity. Everyone has been wondering what happened to the two of you and I think if you play this right you could get some good pictures in and possibly some more support."

"Anna, I don't see why I have to do this. 'Come and Get It' has done really well and my tour is starting soon. Everything is going so well, why do we have to drag him into this under false pretenses?"

"There are no false pretenses here, Selena. You fell in love with that boy-"

Wait, WHAT? The car, and my breathing stopped.

"-and what you do -or who you do - in your own downtime is up to you and your own discretion. However-"

"Wait, WHAT? Anna, what did you just say?!" I think I'm forgetting how to breathe here.

"Oh Selena, I've been around the block, honey. I'm not stupid, or blind. But as I was saying-"

Was it that obvious? If she knew I was... then why didn't she? Why did I? What the fuck actually. What the fuck.

"SELENA are you hearing me?"

But I wasn't hearing her. I wasn't hearing any of this.

Demi, with her hand on the cab's door handle was now looking at me; concern written all over her face.