Chapter Twenty One

"Selena. What the fuck."

I sighed into the phone as I scurried down the hallway, still trying to zip up my dress, heels in hand and phone between my shoulder and ear.

"You've really - and I mean - really fucked this up right now."

"I know, I know." I pressed the elevator button ferociously, desperate to get away from my biggest mistake.

"No I don't think you do," a second voice said into the phone.

"Demi! Am I seriously on speaker phone right now?!" Ding. The doors opened.

"Well this calls for as much help as you can get," Demi said.

"Cause I don't see you and Harry every coming round from this," Niall interjected.

I leaned against the elevator wall, hanging my head in absolute shame. "I can't believ-"

"Uh-" I could hear a door had opened on Demi's side and it sounded like Harry. "Guys I'm just gonna let myself ou-ou-out." And then I heard a sob. Then another. And then another. Until all I could hear was someone moving and the heaving becoming more intense.

The line went dead and I was left with the sound of a soft squeak that sounded like a wounded animal.

How could I have done this to him? How could I have done this at all?

The elevator doors opened and I rushed through the lobby and into the street. I began my long trek home praying not to bump into anyone. I decided that I might as well phone back the one person who would have the most to say about this, especially since I had 20 of the missed calls from them.

Beep.

Beep beep.

"Hello, Anna?"

"Selena, baby! You are a genius!" I stopped dead in my tracks. Wait what? "You've created such a hype by reuniting with both Harry and Justin all in one night! You are literally all over twitter, people are going crazy over this love triangle! I'm actually surprised I never thought of it myself."

"Jesus Anna-"

"I'm being serious, Sel. This is great work, very interesting publicity. I'm proud."

"Thanks Anna but in this instance I don't think it's necessarily a good thing I've done here."

"Oh no, it's not good it's great! I have talk show and cover offers galore! I will admit, I was surprised giving the. Fact that you said you were ill but I'll ignore your little white lie, especially when you do things like this!"

"Okay well thanks Anna, is it okay if I take the day off then?"

"Well, yes. I don't have anything planned although don't get used to the time off - this is big and it's coming in hard!"

You have no idea, Anna.

I put the phone down just as one of my heels slipped from my fingers. I groaned before kneeling to pick it up.

"HEY!" A black Range Rover pulled up next to me. Looking from out the window was the one and only Liam Hemsworth. "Need a ride?"

I looked ahead of me, reminding myself that this was LA and not New York and that it would take me literally forever to walk all the way home from Justin's. I swallowed the lump in my throats and hopped into the car.

We sat in silence for a while before Liam H. cleared his throat. "So, uh, how've you been?"

I rolled my eyes, not being able to even look at him. "Is this your way of finding out how Miley is?" Silence. I sighed, "Well, I don't know if you've checked twitter but apparently my love triangle is all over it, and giving the fact that you just picked me up from the side of the road, barefoot and alone, I'd say not so good Liam. How's your single life going?" I shifted my feet, noticing a magazine at my feet. The headline 'ITS OVER' screaming at me with a picture of Miley and Liam on the cover.