Dear Diary, I'm Angry

Dear Diary,

So I went to school, and the truth unravelled.

Matthews father beat up Michael. Now I know why. I know why Matthew is a bully, I know why he always comes to school with bruises on his face, I know why Michaels nose is broken.

Michael figured it out. He tried to help him, but his father had to stop him.

Matthews father abuses him, and there isnt a thing we can do about it.

-Claire X
----------------------------------------------

{Claires POV- Past}

Today I went to school, and immediatly searched for the boys.

I found Luke and Calum sitting on a bench. They were laughing about something.

"Hey guys!" I approach them, and they smile at me.

"Hey!" Calum replies, and pats the spot next to him. I sit down and look at the phone in his hand.

There was a text on it from Ashton.

But before I could read his text, Calum pulled the phone away.

"Uh, you cant read that." Calum says, shoving his phone into his pocket.

"Why not?" I whine, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Because its private. Dont be nosy." He says, standing from the bench.

Luke just chuckles and stands up as well. Then Ashton walks over to us.

"Hey Ash." Luke says, and sends him a little wink. Ashton rolls his eyes, and his face flushes.

What was I missing?

"What the hell is going on!" I say and they all look over to me.

"Nothing." Calum insists, but im not convinced.

"Anyways, Michael just texted me, he isnt coming to school today." Luke says and we all frown.

"Why?" Ashton asks.

"He said hes tired. I think hes home sick, missing his mum." I let out a loud burst of laughter. They all give me a strange look. "What?"

"Mum! Its mom!" I'm laughing so hard I snort.

"No its mum!" Luke protests.

"Its mom! You're in America say mom!"

"I'm not saying it. It would be disrespectful to my mum." Luke says and walks over to the water fountain.

"Hey look, its Matthew." Ashton points to the messy haired boy. He looked exhausted and worn out.

I notice a fresh bruise on his cheek.

Finding out Matthew was being abused, made me feel somewhat closer to him. I'm abused, and so is he. We've been going through the same thing.

He walks by us, but is too ashamed to even look at us.

Thats when I knew I needed to fix this, fast.

----------------------------------------------
{Emmas POV- Present}

After an hour of being in the hospital waiting room, I began to read another entry. I felt like I was reading a mystery book.

I look over to mom who sat beside me, head in her hands. I didnt know what was going to happen. To dad, to anyone.

None of the doctors would tell us anything, just that we needed to wait.

"Hey, Emma, what have you been reading?" Aidan asks me.

I look down at the leather book and sigh.

"A love story."

___________________________

This update was strictly for Allison 😂

Thanks for reading!

~Claire