Dear Diary, I'm Hiding

Dear Diary,

I know I wrote in this diary this morning, but I found myself bringing the diary with me everywhere. Just incase I desperately need to write down my feelings, and that time is now.

Ashton just went into the house, I told him I would be in soon.

Im honestly thinking about running off, but then Ashton would hate me.

I guess I can't run from my problems forever.

-Claire X

----------------------------------------------

{Claires POV- Past}

I shoved the diary into my purse and got out of the car. I slowly walk to the front door, and by habit, I almost walked in.

I save myself and ring the doorbell.

I suck in a deep breath and wait for the door to be answered.

Allison opens it.

"Claire? Y-your Ashtons girlfriend?" She asks, jaw dropped.

"Yup, thats me. Look if you want me to leave then-"

"No! Come on in." I enter the large house and see Ashton playing video games on the couch.

"Oh look! Its Mrs. Irwin!" Michael jokes as I walk towards him. I just chuckle and sit next to Ashton on the couch I remember so well.

Allison sits on the recliner, playing with her hands nervously.

I had an urge to go over to her and apologize, but I didnt have anything to apologize for. She's the one who sucked faces with my boyfriend behind my back!

"I have to go to the bathroom." I say, and stand off the couch.

"Oh its-"

"I know where it is." I interrupt Calum. I ignore his confused look, and walk to the bathroom.

I quickly do my business and splash some water on my face. I needed to calm down.

I walk out of the bathroom, and run straight into Allison.

"Can we talk?" She asks. Those words I had waited so long to hear. I wanted to yell at her and tell her she was a bitch. Tell her she hurt me and she didnt deserve to be my friend.

But she used to be my best friend, like my sister.

"Okay..."

"I'm so sorry. I never meant for you to hate me." She begins.

"Then why did you kiss my boyfriend?"

"To save you." I raise an eyebrow.

"What?"

"Claire, he was abusive. I witnessed it. The only way to save you was to have you catch him cheating. So I did it to save you from abuse."

I was shocked.

I didn't want to believe her, but I did. I believed every word of it. That sounded like the Allison I used to know.

"Allie, I-"

"No, its okay. I understand. Can we just please be friends again? I miss you like hell. A year is long enough." I smile and nod, pulling her into a hug.

I watch as my life comes back together, piece by piece.

----------------------------------------------

{Emmas POV- Present}

"Hey honey. Oh, still reading that old thing." Mom chuckles, sitting beside me.

"Are you kidding? Its- amazing. Its like a mystery book and I cant seem to solve the puzzle." She laughs and nods her head.

"The puzzle will be complete eventually, where are you at now?"

"You're hiding in the car, not wanting to go inside. Appaerently you're thinking about running off."

"Oh! That was a good day." She says.

"Hey! Spoiler alert!" I whine, and she laughs, walking away as I flip to the next page.

___________________________

This is getting intense. < 😂😂

~Claire