Well, That Was A Good Bitch Slap

Louis POV

I only meant to kiss her and get it over with. I mean, no offense to her or anything but it was meant to be for fun. But when she deepened the kiss, I realized what she meant. What she wanted.

Me. It had always been me and it was so painfully obvious I felt like a jerk and an idiot. And like I didnt know what I wanted. I wasnt completely over El, but now that I was thinking of Charlotte in that way, it all seemed more than plausible.

When I pulled away, admittedly reluctantly, our eyes locked. She blushed and I smiled, letting my thumb skate across her cheekbone, which only made her blush a deeper shade of red. We stood like that for a minute until her hands loosened on my tee around my waist.

'' That was-'' she started and then someone knocked on the door. Charlie jumped and I pulled away and opened the door.

'' We have a problem.'' Harry hissed tensely, trying to subtly motion behind him. So I cut a glance. And my heart stopped. All feelings of Charlie were completely gone and replaced with pain, and guilt, and sadness.

'' Whats Eleanor doing here?'' Charlie asked, and didnt wait for an answer as she stormed past us and went to stand in front of the curly haired brunette who was standing by the door, seeing as no one invited her in further.

'' Why are you here?'' Charlie asked, her arms crossed, matching El's sassier position.

'' Its Christmas. I had bought presents before the break-up and I intend to give them.'' she said, sticking out her chin.

'' No.'' Charlotte said just as I said, '' Fine.''

Charlotte cut a glance at me, but I avoiding her gaze. She stepped back and I leaned against my bedroom's closed door and tried to look nonchalant and unaffected by her surprise visit.

'' Thanks Lou.'' she said, adopting that bright and easy-going smile that I used to fall for over and over again. My chest panged and I felt like I was going to be sick. Harry, the closest to me, patted my shoulder and gave it a tight squeeze. I turned my head and met my blue eyes to his green ones. He was giving me the stay strong look. I gave a slight nod.

She then preceeded to pull out gifts out of a trash bag like she was someones secret Santa, as she had a Santa hat on her head. She babbled on and on like we were all still cool with each other as she casually tossed gifts. She tossed me one and I was so out of it from seeing her, I dropped it.

'' Come on LouBoo. Skills.'' she scolded, using her old pet name for me. Im sure I went pale as my heart started to speed up and I started to sweat. This was affecting me more than I thought and it wasnt okay, nor was it helping.

I missed her. I couldnt help it. I missed her. Usually I dont get this attached but 3 years. 3 years. The longest time I've ever been with someone and its not like that just goes away. Ever. And it hurt. Alot, and I wished none of it happened, and I could take it all back. That she could take it all back. When we were okay, and we werent fighting and unhappy and apart. When we were together, and happy, and smiling. Thats all I wanted. I wanted to be happy again.

But how could I, without her?

'' Thats enough.'' Charlotte spoke, standing. I was so out of it, I didnt notice the tears coming to my eyes. Nor did I notice Harry oh-so-innocently step in front of me. I excused myself and escaped back into my room, leaving the present Eleanor Calder had tossed at me, on the floor.

Charlotte POV

He was crying. He wasnt paying attention to anything. Harry stepped in front of him, and gave me the look as to say, do something. So I stood and told her that that was enough. It took about 3 seconds for Louis to excuse himself and leave into the room.