Part 6: Isis

Isis

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

At the sight of Kyo, she flew into his muscular arms. "It is wonderful to see you again." She allowed him to lead her deeper into the cave where two chairs stood for them before she began to relate what little news she had. The caves were always dark and cold, but when she was by Kyo, she felt warmth rush through her. He was a man that she should fear, but she did not. She did not know why-all she knew was that she enjoyed his company, and, his touch.

"My love, I am afraid that I do not have much news. The wars is still a rumor. I have discovered no evidence to support that a war is eminent. However, I do know that the humans plan to begin cutting trees in the Beartooth Forest. Kyo did not looked pleased until I mentioned the forest. His eyes began to sparkle with interest.

Kyo thrived on destruction-it is what keeps him alive. Isis knew the news would make him happy, even though the war is still rumor. She stood up and knelt by Kyo. "My love, what are you thinking?" She always had to ask that question since he was very hard to read. She knew that he could easily read her expressions, but she could not read his. He was deep in thought, staring at the cave wall. After several minutes, he finally began to acknowledge her again. He cracked a bit of a smile, which was always sly, and got up out of the chair. Isis stood up as well, and after, she felt Kyo's soft lips press against hers.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, dragging her body close to his. Isis always loved kissing Kyo. It was unpredictable and wild, evoking a strange passion. His tongue brushed her lips demanding entrance, to which Isis freely granted. It amazed her how Kyo could be so rough and yet gentle each time they kissed.

Isis and Kyo would forever be an odd couple. The story of how they met is indeed quite fascinating. The Ice Clan were forced to leave their home in search of another when the humans invaded. In recent years, the fairy clans were constantly moving from one place to another, which is in part why the fairies wanted to have a war with the humans. The week after the Ice Clan moved in near the Beartooth Forest, Isis decided to explore. The first half of her trip proved fruitful, but by the time she wanted to go home, she discovered that she was utterly lost. With no place to go, she pressed on until she found some caves at the edge of the wood.

She thought that she could sleep there for the night and look for her home in the morning. While she was asleep, a raging wildfire had started. It had been months since the wood had received any rain, so the leaves were extremely dry and flammable. The fire spread quickly, and it was the smell of smoke that awoke Isis to the coming danger. She opened her eyes, the smoke stinging them making her cry. She did not know what to do; she could not see anything but smoke.

Sitting helplessly at the edge of the cave, she thought that she was going to die suffocating on the thick smoke. As she sat, she thought she heard what sounded like the buzzing of wings. Isis pried her eyes open once more and noticed a shadow of a fairy. As he approached, she saw that it was a man. He extended out his hand for her to take and led to to safety. Only later did she discover that it was he who started the fire since he was the fairy of destruction. One question plagued her, if he is the fair of destruction, they why did he save her?