Part 39- Isis

Isis

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Once more, Isis cursed under her breath. She had thought her best friend was accusing her of lying, making a grave mistake. Now Alessandra knew something was wrong and she had no way of proving her innocence. Taking out a scroll, Isis tried to compose herself, especially when her friend mentioned something about "doom" and "blood of the innocent."

What could she do? She felt cornered. In her head she knew she ought to make up another lie, but what good would that do? Nothing! Isis could feel her best friends eyes boring upon her. She was waiting for her to respond.

"I don't know what you want me to say. It is complicated, and how can you say that you will understand? You are a fairy of New Life, how can you even fathom to understand, or to know, what I have seen?"

Isis stopped before she could say any more. A sharp pain penetrated her chest as she thought of her beloved Kyo. I fear I have failed you! Focusing on the scroll once more, she let out an exclamation. "Oh! Here it is! Those who eat the Snorgasberry plant only need a simple honey-herb remedy to counteract the poison. The honey-herb can be found in many of the fairy villages, especially near the Fiotha Ridge near the capital. To create this remedy, you will need..." She finished reading the list to keep her mind off her friend.

When she was done, she said, "Well, now that I know the cure, I had better head back. Thanks for your help, and for your concern. A lot has happened, and, in time, we will have to catch up. Right now, I have to go. Bye!" She turned to leave only to feel a hard grip on her hand to stop her from taking another step.