Part 12: Demetris

Demetris

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Demetris saw a woman, a green woman standing by the bushes on the opposite side of the stream. When he looked up, she was gone, probably hiding behind the bush. He left his shoes behind and waded across the stream to the other bank. He was now a few feet from the bush, his toes crushing the soft grass beneath his feet. He peered over and saw her in a ball and shaking. She is scared!

"Hello, I am Demetris, please, do not be afraid, I will not harm you. I am a stranger to these woods, and I welcome your company." He see's her slowly unravel herself and look up at him. She was stunning! She may be green, but she was by far the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. As he looked at her, she began to wonder why she was green. He thought at first that it might have been make-up, but as he looked harder, he saw that her skin was actually green.

The revelation shocked him, but he was not frightened. In fact, he was intrigued. He racked his brain for any mythical green beings, but could think of none, except, one clan of fairies: the fairies of New Life. He shook his head, focusing on the woman before him. "Please, what is your name?"

She seemed shy and gave him a look that practically told him that she did not want to say much. Not wanting her to leave, he placed his hands up to prove that he meant no harm. She continued to stare at him, and as the seconds passed, he began to feel awkward. Then, he thought of something, maybe she cannot understand me? "Miss, can you understand what I am saying?"