Part 27: Alessandra

Alessandra

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning Alessandra awoke beside the beautiful stream. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she sat up quickly when she realized what had happened. She didn't know what she was going to do. No one would believe her if she said that a fellow fairy was destroying the forest and if she mentioned anything about Isis and Kyo, the fairy of destruction, she knew it was possible that Isis would be banned from her home. However, she could not help but feel betrayed.

She had to go to the fairy court and tell them that she had seen Kyo destroy the land, unjustly. She jumped up onto her feet from the springy grass and took of to the Abundantia, the tree where the fairy council resided. Only the most important meetings were to be brought here and if a fairy were bringing an issue here then it would be out of concern of the entire fairy race. As was the dilemma Alessandra was faced with.

She came to the roots and two guards blocked her way. "Name, race, and affiliation." The guard on the right grunted. I bowed ever so slightly. "Bianchi. Alessandra Bianchi, fairy of the New Life clan." They bowed their heads to me in return and opening the passage they allowed me to step into the bountiful tree. It was the most beautiful tree in the middle of the woods. The council was made up of fairies from all different clans and tribes. Alessandra's mother even used to serve with the council.

She walked up to the conference room. It was set up much like a court room. There was a front table where the top twelve, most important, members of the council were seated. A little podium was in front of that where anyone could step forward and bring their concerns. Then there was a short partition which separated the benches. Most any one was welcome to come and spectate, but that was not why Alessandra was here. She was to speak her mind.

She wanted to run forward and catch a chance at the podium before anyone else could, but as she looked up she saw Isis stepping forward. She had tears in her eyes. She looked up to the king and leaning forward spoke into the mic on the podium. She said something about how she had warned him of the humans plan and she continued to tell him about the humans cutting down the trees. I watched my best friend help Kyo's devious plan and there was nothing I could do about it.

Tears forming in her eyes she turned and exited the room before Isis could see her. The entire council and everyone else in the room were going crazy. This meant bad news for the fairies. Now that Isis go their little story out there really would be no one to believe the truth. Alessandra would be the only one who would ever know and blood would be shed for no reason now. Alessandra knew she had to find Demetris, but she had no clue where he would be now. She went back to the river and hoped he would be there.