Part 18: Isis

Isis

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Isis was stunned by Kyo's outburst. He had always came off as cool and collected, and here he was having a mental breakdown. Isis never felt comfortable around those who expose so much of themselves in such a vulnerable state. She stood there staring at him with a profound point of view regarding who he really was. On some points he was right; he was not evil and he did have a heavy burden, but that did not give him the right to chastise her in such a manner. She silently listen to him until he had finished.

"I may not be a fairy of destruction, but that does not mean I do know know pain. I have to ice over the land each year and that alone kills thousands of creatures and plants. You make me sound as if I have no heart at all. How can you think that of me, and of the other fairies. They live life to the fullest, that is all. Can you deny them that? Can you deny the happiness that dwells within our hearts? I cannot help that you were born into destruction, but that is no excuse to bash the other fairies. Without them, you would not exist. The balance of this world is kept when we both work together."

Isis sighed. She felt his eyes upon her, but she did not falter. She forced her eyes to meet his gaze and waited for him to respond. He did not, the awkward silence thick in the air. Isis ran her fingers through her hair and said solemnly, "I can try to insist that war is coming, but I do not know what good it will do. If the only way we can be safe is through retaliation, then we need proof that the humans intend to cut down the forest. If we can get that, then it will be guaranteed that there will be a war."

She saw Kyo stand up quickly. He suddenly looked like his old self again, calming Isis. She slowly walked up to him and kissed his cheek. "My love, I did not mean to offend thee, but I do not like when I do my absolute best and the get scolded like a child. However, you know I still love you and I want what is best for us and for the world in which we live. Pray tell, what is on your mind?"