Chapter 9

A/N: Sorry for the short update. I hope you still enjoy! A new character has been introduced... >:)

     It's Saturday.  That means classes for this one.  So why is he here?  A patterned mug twirls around in pale white hands, the thin layer of coffee crashing over the the thinned out water.  It looks like a small ocean of brown, the watered down areas at the edge acting as sea foam.  The person across from him drones on, connecting his thoughts together out loud.  The constantness of his voice fades into background noise as beautiful blue eyes start to pay more attention to the random trinkets hanging all over the room.  "...Does that sound about right, Mika?"

     Mikaela looks up at the man before him, blinking a few times as if to rid of confusion.  Was that a question he was supposed to answer?  Whoops.  "Um, yeah.  Yes, it does."  How did Mikaela get himself into this mess?  

     A pink sign decorated with cutesy hearts and buttons had been taped to a dorm door unevenly, and on it were the messy words "Ferid's Love Assistance."  A balled up fist knocks on the door hesitantly.  It swings almost immediately.  "Oh, Mikaela!  I didn't expect to see you here."

     "Mm, Mika, we aren't going to get anywhere if you keep zoning out like this," Ferid whines.

     He sighs, his hand under his chin to support his blond head.  "Yeah, yeah.  I've told you basically everything."

     "Hm."  Ferid taps a finger against his lip in thought.  "Skip class tomorrow."

     "What?" Mikaela chokes out.

     "You heard me."

     "No, no, no, no," Mikaela says hurriedly.  "Ferid, I can see where you're going with this, but I'm already using up my time to come see you!"

     Ferid ignores the panic in Mika's eyes with unsettling calmness.  "How are you going to get to know your little Yuu-chan better if you're not going to sacrifice your time to be with him?"

     "Class time," Mika corrects firmly.  Ferid rolls his eyes.  Mikaela has had enough of it.  "Whatever.  I'm leaving.  I have class to attend."

     As he exits, Ferid makes one last effort to convince him.  "Consider it, Mika!  They're going to have lots of fun together tomorrow night!"  Mikaela is reminded of that one time he met Shinoa at his job at the cafe, who had then invited him to play games with them on Sunday.  He wonders if Yuichiro is aware of that.  MIkaela scoffs, shaking away any delinquent thoughts.  Classes, homework and studying are all top priority!  His next class is walking distance from the dorms, but at this point in time, it will have to be considered running distance.  Ferid shakes his head.  "Yeah, yeah, Mika.  Get moving, or you're going to be late for being early," he mutters under his breath.