Chapter Twenty One: Liar

Hello!!

I know, I know, I am awful and horrible.

But I had to work and I was too tired to type those pages out...

Anyways here it is:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!

Chapter Twenty One: Liar

He picked all my clothes and belongings from the room and gave them to me in the wardrobe.

“What’s wrong? Who’s coming?”

“I don’t know, but we’ll know soon enough” and with that he slammed the wardrobe door in my face and I was left alone in the wooden box.

I don’t exactly know how long I waited in the smell of dry wood, but while I did, my anger just kept growing and growing.

Has someone found me? Was my initial question and that question haunted every bit of me. Fear and desperation reached their peaks and soon enough I was shaking and sweating all over. I needed air, desperately, but if I left…

I heard footsteps approaching and completely stilled myself. My breaths were shallow and loud for me.

“…were gone… Sharlotte… home…” I heard a few muffled words. Nathaniel and some other person, possibly the same reason I was stuck in here. My mouth was dry and my nightgown now sticky against me, I leaned against the little crack between the two doors of the wardrobe.

“She is not safe here.” I heard and unfamiliar voice hiss.

They were talking about me! Me!

“This is as safe as it can be. I don’t want to argue… She is comfortable here.” That was Nathaniel.

“Comfort? We have too much at stake here! And you think about her comfort?” The other voice sounded sarcastic but at the same time angry and loud, maybe a tad bit too loud.

“You better have this situation under control, and you better keep your feelings under control too.” The other voice said as harshly as the last time.

“You have nothing to worry about, I assure you that. Tell him…” I leaned in closer to hear the next bit.

“Tell him she’s well. She’s as happy as one can be considering the circumstances.” Nathaniel said. Tell who?

“Well, where is she?” The unknown voice demanded.

With that, the door of the guest room opened and the two of them stepped inside. My heart almost exploded in my chest. I was NOT going to get out of this wardrobe and face a complete stranger in my nightgown.

“Miss Moore?” Nathaniel called, “You may come out now, everything’s all right.”

I coughed and then said: “I need a few minutes alone in the room to make myself decent, please.” emphasising the last word.

I heard grumbling, and then the footsteps again. When I was sure nobody else was in the room I came tumbling out of the wardrobe.

“Ow…” I complained as I stretched my back.

In a few minutes, when I had fully groomed myself, there was a light knock at the door.

“Enter”