choices

That Friday met up with Nikushima at room 322. He explained to me what were their affiliations with the other student groups mainly the student council and their long legacy in Yosen.

Yosen is a Christian school so there are a few extra rules that need to be enforced.

Nikushima, a sophomore, was well composed. Short clean cut hair, broad shoulders and obviously groomed; He was neat and his smile was so assuring. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a following of girls of his own.

He made good conversation with me about the school, our families, friends.. My kind of company actually.

He has two older brothers who were also part of the student disciplinary action team when they were in Yosen. Now one is studying law and the other is a deputy chief in the local police station.

Nikushima was enjoying our time so much that he proposed that we have tea with the student council and the other officers of the disciplinary office since they were all good friends.

He wanted to have it next week, wednesday.

The day of Atsushi's game.

...

Atsushi POV

Who'll sign my form? .__.

I've been worrying about it until now. I was still staring at the sheet of paper coach gave us. 

"Murochin, who'll sign your consent form?" I asked him with distress. We're both living on our own here in Akita.

"My homeroom adviser will do. Since we don't have immediate family here. It says so on the letter. Didn't you read it?" He answered.

"Ah... Sou." I nodded pretending as we walked home together. I didn't read it...  I should have..

"Miyuki chan is coming right?" he asked.

"Of course she is. She's our manager after all." I nodded.

"she didn't show up during interhigh..." he reminded me.

"its coz she has some issues with her brother.. But it'll be fine now~" I ate a cookie. I pray to the gods that it will be fine..

"When you were in middle school, did she always come to your games?" Murochin asked.

"Nope. She never came. She only went to home games." I replied with a sigh, "She wasn't a member of the club anyway, she just helped out when she could." Now that I think about it,  she never really watched our games. She said she knew the outcome anyway.

.

Atsushi:
yukichin, are you all set for wednesday?

Miyuki:
no. I'm not sure about coming. The extra credit, remember.

Atsushi:
Please do it some other time... It can wait,  can't it?

Miyuki:
but I can't miss academics. and also, Nikushima set up an appointment with me to meet the student council.

So she had other plans.

Atsushi:
but I really need you to be there. T^T

Atsushi:
please?

Atsushi:
I want you to watch me play...

Atsushi:
Yukichin. . .

She didn't reply. I really hate ot when she does that.

•••

Finally wednesday and she really wouldn't give in to all my sulking. I even ignored her the whole week but she was just fine with it...

The team waited for its members that early morning while other students came in the gate for their regular schedule. I stood there with murochin beside me. I was hoping to Yukichin would walk into the campus with a bag for Tokyo but no.

I saw her walk in in her regular uniform and approach coach, apologizing that she couldn't go. I didn't bother to walk up to them.

"Guess she's not coming." Murochin  sympathized.

"Yeah." Was all i could say i stared at her and maybe she felt it because she looked at me before walking away.

.

As we boarded the train to Tokyo, I couldn't get Yukichin out of my mind. She didn't cancel her meeting with the discipline team.

Maybe she's gonna accept their offer?

who knows..

I feel like I don't want to play anymore...

But Coach will hit me.

I don't have a choice.

...

Miyuki POV

I looked out the window to see the team once more. Atsushi's so huge beside Himuro and the bench warmers...

I didn't even say goodbye or wish them luck.

Yosen's game isn't until tonight. Maybe I could still catch up later...

...

The meeting with the Officers from the student council and the disciplinary corps was wonderful.

We were mostly talking about their endeavors during their middle school years and the past years here in highschool.

I must admit,  they could pass as people whom I can introduce to my family as friends if I wanted to. 

Father would be very proud.

Although I must admit that my mind was floating else where most of my time with them. Qaapppp

They asked me again about me joining their group. They were all waiting for my answer but I simply was thinking about the team so much that all i could do was give them a smile.

"the basketball team needs me more than ever right now, I don't think I'll be able to resign at the moment." I politely declined.

But all in all, they're a good crowd of intellectuals.

I'm sure I'll regret this someday.

I hurriedly said goodbye to all of them and briskly walked out of the building.

I looked at the time on my phone and it was already 5:30. I quickly headed to the train station and boarded the one leaving for Tokyo.

I knew well that I wouldn't reach the start of Yosen's game considering how far it was but I just can't let them down I am the team manager and I have to support the whole team.

And, Atsushi really wants me to watch.

...

Finally, after a long ride from Akita, I arrived in Tokyo.

The stadium wasn't far from the station so I took a cab and made the driver hurry.

There weren't much people, i think, because it was just the preliminaries. I rushed in and briskly paced to our side. Coach Araki saw me and gave a smile.

"Sorry I'm late." I bowed.

"It's alright. We weren't expecting you anyway." she coldly replied.

I looked at the score board and it was already the last 7 minutes of the fourth quarter with 0-81.

I couldn't believe the score I was seeing.

Training is paying off. We need to block 100%.

I watched Atsushi and he wasn't running around much. he stayed under the basket waiting for the others. such a lazy kid.

-------
A/n omg i had such a hard time uploading this... Wattpad wouldn't let me. *sobs*