Chapter Two: Micah

Micah's POV:

I watched Sean pull up to my house this morning with a chipper smile in place. I on the other hand scowled at his good mood and climbed in.
 "You look like hell." He said as I buckled my seat belt. Slouching back against the seat I closed my eyes.

 "I didn't get any sleep." Honking the horn Sean pulled off down the street.
 "Why not? Were you anxious about today?" I could feel a blush working it's way up my neck and across my face.
 "I can't believe I let you talk me into this." I grumbled. Turning onto Bullard Ave Sean started to chuckle.

 "Stop your whining. I'm helping you. You wanted some alone time with Declan and I got you alone time." I had to admit he was right about that. All I kept saying was I needed a chance to get him alone to see if what I was feeling real and boom, next thing I know Sean was on the phone making calls.

When I asked him for the third time what was he doing he literally kicked me out of my own room. I sat in the livingroom with Seven watching Phineas and Ferb until he walked out with a devilish grin on his face. When we entered my bedroom he closed and locked the door then handed me my phone.
 "Call Declan." I looked at the phone then at Sean.

 "Are you crazy? I didn't even manage the first time I--" Shoving the phone in my face Sean frowned.
 "Either you call him or I do." Sighing I snatched the phone from Sean's hand and scrolled through my dialed numbers. Finding it I took a deep breath then pressed send.

 "What do I say?" I asked after the first ring. Handing me my notepad he grinned and took a seat on the bed. There was something seriously wrong with Sean. I hoped the Marines are able to straighten that out.

 "Hello." Oh crap he answered the phone. I was hoping the voicemail would pick up like last time and save me the trouble of having to actually think of words to say to Declan.
 "Is anyone there?" He asked. I stood there with my mouth gaping open when Sean threw a pillow at me and motioned for me to say something.

 "Hey, it's me... Micah... I was wondering- (BEEP) I heard Declan's line click and silently sent up a thank you. I need a minute to collect my thoughts, to re-establish my calm, to take a freakin' breath.
 "Hey, hold on a second. Someone's on my other line." He said a little annoyed. Taking a breath I tried to calm my nerves.
 "Okay." I said.  Suddenly I heard him click over. I let my eyes gaze over the notepad and read what Sean wrote. Before I could say anything the line clicked again.
 "I'm back." He said somewhat breathless. My eyes flickered to the notepad then to Sean who sat there with a crazy grin on his face.

 "Yeah, I was just wondering if... you'd do me a favor?" I didn't want to come on too strong. I didn't want to frighten him and have him run away. I was freakin' Hugh Hefner with the girls at school. I call another guy and I can't put two words together.

 "Depends on what it is?" He said. I could feel my palms sweating now. My heart ws racing and it felt like I'd been standing under the hottest lights known to man, my shirt was soaking wet. I slowly let go of the breath I'd been holding and started talking.

 "Mr. Rabnes has been talking to coach about my chemistry. It's kind of a secret, I suck at chemistry. It's the only thing bringing down my grade point average. If I want to be eligible to run track I have to get a B on the next test and keep a 80 for the rest of the semester. You are the only one I know of who actually understand chemistry so... I was wondering if you'd tutor me?" I asked my voice wavering at the end.

I could never be a professional poker player. I don't have the nerves to lie on a daily basis. When Declan didn't say anything I started to panic. What if he didn't want to tutor me? What if he'd hung up? What if he's on to me and tells the whole world? Without thinking I started talking to fill the void in which Declan had yet to respond.