Chapter Thirty Nine: MSB

McClane’s POV:

We all stood in the airport terminal waiting for our flight to board. We all clustered together taking photos for our folks while trying not to the let excitement explode … everyone except Sean. He stood off to the side looking like someone had told him that there wasn’t any such thing as Santa Klaus. I wanted to go over and talk to him but I couldn’t. Not with everyone around. I kept my distance and waited. I knew sooner or later I would be able to speak with him about this situation between us. As much as I thought I could ignore it I’ve done nothing but think about it… think about him.

I think maybe it’s the chemicals in this styling gel that’s got me wanting Sean like I do. I want to rationalize it but for some reason I can’t. I can’t and it’s driving me crazy. I’ve been avoiding Vivian for the last couple days and before any of this happened I’d already given her the plane ticket. I very well couldn’t take it back even though I really wish I could. I wanted to figure out what was going on with Sean first. Though I’ve been occupied Vivian hasn’t complained. I think the excitement of going on vacation and her new friend Rachelle has her attention at the moment.

I was thankful when she appeared behind Ginger and Laurie. Vivian was surprised to see her but happy. She went over and they all started talking about the shopping they could do and I tuned them out. I now stood in the back leaning against the window letting my eyes travel over the area. Okay let me be honest I was letting my eyes travel over him. He wouldn’t look my direction but I knew he felt my eyes on him.

                ‘You are turning into a stalker.’ My conscious said. It was right. I was becoming like those old creepy men who watch young girls from their cars. I didn’t want to be that guy. Plugging my ears with my earplugs I turned up my music and tried to ignore him as he was ignoring me. I kept trying to keep my eyes away but they wouldn’t listen. It was like I was a moth and he was a freaking flame. I was drawn to him. Finally disgusted with my lack of will power I dug into my book bag and pulled out my book. I thought it would be better if I occupy my eyes with words instead of eye raping my little brother’s boyfriend’s best friend.

Sean’s POV:

                ‘Don’t look. Don’t look. Don’t look. Don’t look. Don’t look. Don’t look.’ I repeated it over and over again. I knew if I looked in his direction I would do something stupid. I would do something I’d regret later. I couldn’t for any reason look or speak to McClane. If I did that little piece in me that is for some reason craving him would take over and I don’t know if I can handle that. I don’t know what the hell to do. I’ve never wanted to be with another guy and now all of a sudden I can’t stop thinking about him.

                ‘Don’t look. Don’t look. Don’t look. Don’t look. Don’t look. Don’t look.’ I clenched my hands into fist digging my nails into the flesh part of my hand. I would not look at him. I would stay strong. I could do this. I gonna be a fucking Marine for Christ sake’s. If I can’t control myself now I’ll never make it in the Corp. The PA system sounded alerting us our flight was boarding. After saying our goodbyes we headed for our gate. I made sure to stay far away from him while he ignored me. He nodded his head back and forth to whatever he was listening to. I don’t know why but it kind of hurt to know he was ignoring me.

                ‘I’m not judging you but… you sound pretty gay to me.’ My conscious said. I ignored it. I didn’t ask my conscious for its opinion on this. I stood next to Micah who was making kissy faces at Declan. Suddenly he turned to me and frowned.

                “What’s wrong?” He asked. Ever since that morning I’ve been… I don’t want to say different but there isn’t another word for it.