Lauren

Original chapter title: I Don't Dance

I hate dancing.

I hate dances.

They're stupid, useless, and a waste of money. But Principal Matthews and the student council think that we should have one almost every month, and for whatever reason Myra thinks that I should go to every single one.

"Hurry up, Four!" Myra shouts over her shoulder, still sprinting up the stairs to catch up to Edward. Damn, that boy is tall. He could probably take the stairs seven at a time if he really wanted to.

"I'm coming." He grumbles. He hates these things just as much as I do. I think he goes because he pities me and the fact that I don't have a choice on whether or not I go.

"Cheer up." I nudge him in the ribs. "Tris is gonna be here."

He narrows his eyes. "Yeah, and so is Caleb." He snaps.

"Oh, c'mon Four, you think she's hot." Zeke comes up and slaps him on the back, grinning.

"Where's Shauna?" I ask.

"At Marlene's with Tris and them."

"Ooh, Tris is screwed." I laugh.

"She might end up dressed up like Cinderella." Will jokes, joining us. It's a rule that we're not allowed to wear costumes. Something about them being 'highly inappropriate' or something stupid like that.

"Then Four can be her Prince Charming!" I clasp my hands together in that Disney-princessy way that gets on everyone's nerves.

"Whatever." Four storms inside. Well, somebody's in a pissy mood. 

I grin and give Zeke a high-five. "Looks like all of us are playing matchmaker." I wink before running inside.