Lynn

Original chapter title: Head's Up!

"Catch!" I shout to Lauren, tossing my brother's football through the air at her. We got bored earlier, so I'd stolen Hector's football and we went to the park for something to do. Hey, it was either that or watch her make 'romantic' trailers using pictures of our friends on iMovie. Trailers that seriously need to be rated R, but still trailers.

"Catch!" I jump into the air and catch the ball, landing on my feet and grinning triumphantly.

"I wish Uriah and Four were here." I call over to her, throwing the ball. "I'm in a teasing mood right now and it's so fun to piss them off about Marlene and Tris." She catches the ball and jogs over to me, looking around the field that's usually used for football.

"He told her." She says, her voice low. Since Marlene and Uriah know everything about each other, I know who we're talking about here.

"About?" 

"His dad." We're obviously talking about Four and Tris.

"Damn." I'm surprised. "I didn't think he had it in him." Or that he would do it so soon.

"Me either. But him and Uriah almost never see Tris and Mar anymore."

"Play practice." I nod in agreement. Tris isn't singing at all in it, that I know of. She and Mar actually just revealed that they're into acting.

"And don't get me started on Shauna and Zeke..."

"Aww c'mon, they're cute together Lauren."

"I wouldn't be surprised if he proposed." She says half-jokingly, shoving me some.

"Yeah. But whatever. Who needs boyfriends anyways?" I link my arm through hers and we start back to my house, skipping at times and other times stumbling because the other knocked us off balance.

"Not us." she snorts. My brother glares at me from our yard.

"Here Hec, take your damn ball back." I toss it to him, and he catches it easily before running off to god-knows-where.

"I feel like a second grader for saying this, but boys are stupid and annoying." she tells me.

"At least you didn't say icky."

"I was getting there."

"You're weird."

"You're worse."

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"Shut up!" We both laugh and run inside to my room.

"Duh nuh nuh naaaaah! Trailer time!" Lauren shouts.

"Oh god, here we go...."