Tobias

Original chapter title: What Do May Showers Bring?

March and April have come and gone quickly, leaving us in May. With little more than a month until we all go to Disney, all of us are desperate to get Tris to come. The weather has put everyone in a sour mood, especially Tris and her family. They were serious about her being grounded until Halloween, not allowing her to do anything short of staying after school for sports, detention, and help classes. Fortunately, we can use this to our advantage.

"Where's your dad again?" Tris asks me, wrapping her arms around my neck. We aren't dating, but I guess we act like it.

Marcus has no clue that she exists. I plan to keep it that way.

"Work. Until at least ten o'clock tonight." I kiss her lightly on the lips.

"I can't stay that long. My parents believe that I have a detention until six and that a friend's dropping me off. By 'friend' they assume a detention buddy." She rolls her eyes, but I still tighten my grip on her waist. I hate her parents as much as I hate my own.

"So, why can't you come to Disney with us?"

"Tobias," she moans.

"Please?"

"Fine." She grumbles. "They hate me. I don't know why, but they do. I guess I deserve it."

"For what?" I ask angrily.

She shrugs and looks away from me. "For existing? I don't know." She lets out a defeated sigh. "I don't even try with them anymore. It's hopeless."

"Tris-"

"Let's just not talk about it anymore, okay? Go to Disney and have fun with everyone else. It's only one week. I think I can manage to survive."

I roll my eyes at her. "Do you want to go or not?"

"Well yeah, of course. I mean, who wouldn't? But-" She stops.

What do I have to do to convince them?"

She looks away from me and out my bedroom window. "It's raining." She observes, stating the already obvious. "We'll, more like downpouring, but still."

"Don't change the subject."

"I don't know. They won't fall for it. I've tried everything."

"Do they know about us?"

"They don't give a rat's ass about my love life. They think I take off my clothes for anyone that's living, breathing, and is a man." She snorts, rolling her eyes at the last part.

"Then we can surprise them." I grin. "After all, maybe if they hear it from your best friend- who is not only the school's star athlete, but also a distinguished honors student since seventh grade- they just might be persuaded to let you come."

She beams at me. "I love you, you know that right?" She pulls me even closer and kisses me, smiling the whole time.

I hear my bedroom door click open but ignore it. It doesn't even really register until a few seconds later. I pull away from Tris. And you'll never believe who's standing in my doorway, looking shocked but trying to cover it up with the perfect loving father act, even with a pissed off gleam in his eyes.

Yep. It's none other than my wonderful father Marcus Eaton himself.